Bits and Pieces - May 10, 2013
May 10, 2013
Teen Mom Farrah Abraham says she's surprised that her sex tape has attracted so much media attention. It does seem pretty surprising considering the media's indifference towards sex scandals.
Police have recommended that the L.A. County District Attorney prosecute JUSTIN BIEBER for allegedly spitting in his neighbor's face and threatening to kill him. It's over that incident in March when Justin was racing his Ferrari through his gated community and a neighbor confronted him. Justin allegedly ordered the neighbor off his property and then spit in his face and said, "I'm going to f**king kill you!" Sources tell TMZ that police want Bieber charged with battery, but they don't think Bieber should go to jail, but instead get some serious counseling because of recent behavior issues.
You'll have to wait awhile longer to see JURASSIC PARK 4. It was supposed to be out on June 13th, 2014, but the studio has moved it to a later, but unnamed, date
- PUDDLE OF MUDD singer WES SCANTLIN was arrested again the other night. After Scantlin was pulled over in Hollywood for speeding, police discovered he had two warrants out for his arrest and hauled him in. Word is Scantlin failed to appear for court dates regarding driving on a suspended license and for his recent cocaine bust.
- FLAVOR FLAV will go on trial in Las Vegas in September on felony charges he chased and threatened his longtime girlfriend's 17-year-old son with a butcher knife. Flav could get up to 12 years in prison if he's convicted.
- PARMALEE will kick off the Southwest Airlines Travelin' Taylor Tour on Monday. They'll perform an acoustic concert for passengers aboard a flight from Nashville to Houston. If you can't be on the flight, you can see it online at Southwest.com/taylortour.
- Jay Leno: Shakira; comic Marc Maron; Tom Jones performs
- David Letterman: Animal expert Jack Hanna; actor Benedict Cumberbatch
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tobey Maguire; actress Kerry Washington; will.i.am performs
- Conan: Don Cheadle; Pete Holmes; RNDM
- Jimmy Fallon: Jane Lynch; actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau; Lady Antebellum
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Bob Saget; actress Sarah Hyland
- Carson Daly: California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom; Phil Hansen; Purity Ring
The Denver Nuggets' George Karl was named the NBA's Coach of the Year. Karl led the team to a team-record 57 wins without a marquee player on his roster.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways...and so did one unnamed nun at Saint Lucy's Church in Newark, New Jersey. It seems the flying nun lost control of her vehicle and smashed into two pedestrians outside the church. The pedestrians and the nun were all injured as her car also struck Saint Lucy's Community Center, panicking hundreds inside the church who thought an explosion had gone off.
1926: Admiral Richard Byrd and Floyd Bennett made the first airplane flight over the North Pole
TV's Audrina Patridge (The Hills) 28