Bits and Pieces - May 14, 2013
May 14, 2013
Barbara Walters has announced she's retiring from The View next year. Barbara will be replaced by Jimmy Fallon.
It was fun, fun, fun at the Betty Ford Center for LINDSAY LOHAN until doctors took her Adderall away. Lindsay has been taking the drug for her ADHD, but doctors in the center did an evaluation and decided another drug would be better, especially since celebrities tend to misuse Adderall as a weight-control drug. Being allowed to keep her Adderall was a prime consideration for Lindsay in choosing a rehab facility and now TMZ says, "Lindsay is absolutely freaking out about the prospect of gaining weight now that Adderall has been taken away" and that she's "hell-bent on making her escape" from Betty Ford. The problem for Lindsay is there seems to be no way a judge or prosecutors would go along with a facility switch and her only other option would be jail.
NBC confirmed long-running rumors and announced that SETH MEYERS will take over Jimmy Fallon's spot on Late Night when Fallon replaces Jay Leno on the Tonight Show next year.
- PAUL STANLEY and GENE SIMMONS of KISS recently opened the third of their Rock & Brews restaurants in Southern California and they plan to open 100 more in the next five years. The restaurants feature 80 craft beers, rock music and, of course, food.
- LIL WAYNE still hates the Miami Heat following his beef with the team earlier this year when he accused them of tossing him from the arena for rooting for the Lakers. Wayne set the Bulls up with free booze at a Miami club after they upset the Heat in the first game of their playoff series. Perhaps Wayne shouldn't have given the Bulls the booze as they haven't won since.
- LAUREN ALAINA has recorded the official theme song for the new Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin attraction at SeaWorld Orlando. The new attraction is set to open May 24th. Lauren recorded two songs, including the theme song and a remix called "Antarctica: One World, One Family." You can download it for free at SeaWorldOrlando.com/Antarctica.
- Good Morning America: Jimmy Kimmel; actress Portia de Rossi; Huey Lewis and the News perform
- CBS This Morning: The latest news
- Today: Bradley Cooper; producer J.J. Abrams; actress Gillian Anderson
- Kelly & Michael: Jimmy Kimmel; actress Alyson Hannigan
- The View: Actor LL Cool J
- The Talk: Sigourney Weaver; lifestyle expert Chi-Lan Lieu
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kerry Washington; Demi Lovato performs
The Boston Red Sox say closer Joel Hanrahan needs season-ending surgery on his right forearm. The operation likely will be performed this week and he'll likely need 6-9 months to recover.
When a deputy spotted Bryan Zuniga weaving in his lane while driving in his SUV through Pinellas Park, Florida, he hit the lights. Zuniga duly stopped his vehicle for the officer before jumping out the passenger side and running away. It was one of those rare occasions where a scofflaw managed to escape from police. However, Zuniga was unable to escape from an alligator behind the water-treatment plant he fled to. Zuniga later told deputies from his hospital room that the gator bit his face and arm. Zuniga was later released from the hospital and entered into jail.
1955: A riot broke out for the first time at an Elvis Presley concert
actor Harvey Keitel (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, National Treasure) 74