Bits and Pieces - May 15, 2013
May 15, 2013
The state of Minnesota has voted to allow same sex marriages. They say this is great news for Paul Bunyan and the Jolly Green Giant.
The buzz going around yesterday is that baby number two is on the way for BEYONCE and JAY-Z. The not always reliable New York Post claims "multiple sources" have confirmed the news, although a source told People magazine that while expanding their family is in the plans, it won't happen until after her tour is over and things calm down. Beyonce has said she'd like more children and what suggests the rumor may be true is that her reps didn't outright deny the story.
Fox has confirmed that KIEFER SUTHERLAND will be back as Jack Bauer in a new season of 24. The season will only be 12 episodes long, so some hours will be skipped. It'll likely premiere next May and run through the summer and could be back from time to time after that.
- LIMP BIZKIT is hoping to finish their upcoming album, "Stampede of the Disco Elephants," by August and have it out in September. They've already released "Ready To Go" with Lil Wayne and "Lightz (City of Angels)" from the album. As for the title, Wes Borland says they saw a disco ball elephant in the window of a shop somewhere and they were like, 'Look, it's a disco elephant. We should call our record 'Stampede of the Disco Elephants.'
- GUCCI MANE has pleaded not guilty to aggravated assault over that incident in which he allegedly hit a U.S. soldier over the head with a champagne bottle in an Atlanta nightclub after the guy approached to ask for a photo.
- SAMMY KERSHAW has released a new single and music video in honor of the late GEORGE JONES called "The Route That I Took." Sammy says he wrote the song with him in mind a while back and hoped that one day he might record it. (See and hear here)
- Jay Leno: Wanda Sykes; entrepreneur Martha Stewart; Drop City Yacht Club
- David Letterman: Tom Hanks; performance from "Pippin."
- Jimmy Kimmel: Zoe Saldana; columnist Bill Simmons; Fitz & The Tantrums
- Conan: Jennifer Love Hewitt; Justin Bartha; The Slide Brothers featuring Shemekia Copeland
- Jimmy Fallon: Matt Lauer; actor Ken Jeong; Phoenix performs; Bilal performs
- Craig Ferguson: Ray Liotta; comic DeAnne Smith; Pistol Annies perform
- Carson Daly: Singer Davey Havok; Kitten performs
Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, who resigned abruptly in February of 2011, is apparently eager to get back in the game and has already met with the Milwaukee Bucks about their vacant coaching position.
Like many, Richard L. Madison of Palos Hills, Illinois, got drunk on prom night. Unfortunately, like some, Madison was also spotted driving erratically on prom night. Sadly, he's 54-year-old Richard L. Madison and he was driving 24 students to and from the prom as an employee of Limos Alive. According to their website, Limos Alive provides the ultimate party atmosphere to get you going along the way with laser lighting, stereo surround sound and mini bar. Said student Kelsey Dano: "I had a feeling he was drunk when we first went into the ditch."
2008: Justine Henin became the first woman to retire from tennis while ranked No. 1 in the world.
filmmaker George Lucas (Star Wars, TXH 1138, American Graffiti) 69