Bits and Pieces - May 16, 2013
May 16, 2013
According to the National Enquirer, Hillary Clinton will reveal in her memoirs that she's bisexual. I was stunned when Hillary said she was bipartisan.
Following her revelation that she underwent a preventative double mastectomy, ANGELINA JOLIE has received an outpouring of support and praise. Then again, there have been others who've not been quite as understanding. Among the comments on Twitter were: "RIP Angelina's boobs...you had options, dummy!" "Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy...says Brad Pitt, "I wonder how Jen's boobs are doing." "...What a waste of a banging set of boobies" and "Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt shouldn't be called Brangelina anymore. From now on they should be known as the Pitts with no Tits."
ABC has announced that DANCING WITH THE STARS is being scaled back next season to just one episode per week in which the performance and results show will be combined into one.
- PUDDLE OF MUDD singer WES SCANTLIN was arrested in L.A. Monday night after allegedly roughing up his ex-wife. Witnesses told police that Scantlin shook her and then tried to drag her by the arm or the shirt. According to TMZ, Scantlin was extremely uncooperative during the arrest.
- SOLANGE has announced the launch of her new record label, Saint Records. Solange has a new album in the works that'll presumably include her new song, Looks Good With Trouble.
- KENNY CHESNEY started the "Spread The Love" fund for Boston bombing victims and now he's released a commemorative T-shirt to benefit the charity. (See and purchase here)
- Jay Leno: Usher; actor Nick Offerman; Pyramids perform
- David Letterman: Ed Helms; TV host Hoda Kotb; Brad Paisley performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Basketball player Jason Collins and his brother Jarron; producer J.J. Abrams; Huey Lewis and the News
- Conan: Zach Galifianakis; Jim Gaffigan; Beware of Darkness
- Jimmy Fallon: Julie Bowen; singer Demi Lovato; The Flaming Lips perform
- Craig Ferguson: Ice-T; comic Paula Poundstone
- Carson Daly: Musician Michael Fitzpatrick; Sarah Polley; A Silent Film performs
The Dallas Stars fired head coach Glen Gulutzan. The Stars missed the playoffs in both of Gulutzan's seasons, making it five straight years without a postseason appearance for the team.
Thanks to their vigilance, FBI agents in Michigan caught Saudi student Talal al Rouki after neighbors spotted him with a pressure cooker. Agents questioned the student about the pressure cooker, which they suspected to be a bomb, only to discover he was using the device to make a traditional Saudi Arabian rice dish called kabsah and was carrying it to a friend's house. Talal says the FBI agent advised him that he needed to be more careful moving around with such things.
1918: U.S. airmail service began between Washington, Philadelphia and New York
actor David Krumholtz (Numbers, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Closer) 35