Bits and Pieces - May 17, 2013
May 17, 2013
Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are said to be talking marriage. Apparently they're serious because Tiger was recently spotted picking out mistresses.
Former Playmate HOLLY MADISON has announced she and fiance Pasquale Rotella will marry on August 15th. However, it may not be much of a honeymoon as he's facing charges for bribery, embezzlement, conspiracy and conflict of interest. He's accused of using more than $2.5 million in funds from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where he hosted raves, to pay off city officials.
NICK CANNON has reportedly purchased the rights to "SOUL TRAIN" and plans to bring a new version of the show back to television. No word on whether Cannon will be the host.
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and THE DROPKICK MURPHYS are releasing a re-recording of the band's song "Rose Tattoo" on a special charity EP. Rose Tattoo: For Boston will benefit the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings and you can download it now on iTunes along with two other songs for $1.99.
- Rappers EAZY-E and OL' DIRTY BASTARD are set to make their first appearances since their deaths, albeit in hologram form, at the annual "Rock the Bells" festival.
- MUSIC NOTES 4...
- Look for CARRIE UNDERWOOD on the cover of the June issue of Marie Claire magazine, which will be out next Tuesday. Inside, Carrie talks about her love for scary movies, her brutal honesty, and how she used to suffered from panic attacks.
- Good Morning America: Producer Jerry Weintraub; actress Greta Gerwig; Jewel performs
- CBS This Morning: Author Allen Frances
- Today: Zoe Saldana; "The Voice" castoffs; Avril Lavigne; Pistol Annies perform
- Kelly & Michael: Zoe Saldana
- The View: Guest co-host Jewel performs; actress Jessica Capshaw; author Olympia Snowe
- The Talk: LL Cool J; TV personality Andy Cohen
- Ellen DeGeneres: Chris Pine; Sophia Grace and Rosie; Robin Thicke and Pharrell perform
The Philadelphia Phillies have signed right-hander Carlos Zambrano to a minor league contract. Zambrano will report to the Phillies Clearwater, Florida farm team this week.
A 72-year-old North Pole man, who luckily wasn't Santa Claus, was among a group of workers moving heavy equipment for a construction project. Apparently being told that crossing a frozen pond on a bulldozer was completely safe, Donald Kiehl quickly discovered otherwise as he made like a crossword puzzle and went across and down when the dozer broke through the ice and sank. Workers pulled Kiehl from the water but couldn't revive him.
1992: The space shuttle Endeavour landed safely after its maiden voyage.
actor Pierce Brosnan (James Bond, Mars Attacks, Dante's Peak) 61