Bits and Pieces - May 20, 2013
May 20, 2013
David Beckham has announced his retirement. Beckham says his body can no longer endure the rigorous demands of underwear modeling.
TEEN MOMS FARRAH ABRAHAM and CATELYNN LOWELL have gotten into an online whizzing match. Catelynn apparently saw at least part of Farrah's sex tape and said she sounded like a "dying horse" on camera. Farrah countered, "I know what jealousy looks like. I am trying to be a role model for the other Teen Moms. I try not to knock them down. I try to better them" before going on to say, "Catelynn has a weight issue, but I don't say harsh things about her to hurt her self-esteem." Catelynn then fired back: "Go ahead call me on my weight issues. When you see me next time I'll look way hotter than you, so get a life! Role model my ass." She later tweeted: "I say someone does a poll who's a better role model? Huh, I think I win. LOL." Catelynn is probably right as Farrah says she's saved a "baby box" for her toddler Sophia that she plans to hand over when she's 13 or 14 and, yes, the box includes her sex tape. Meanwhile, Farrah has put the bikini she wore on the cover of her sex tape up for sale on eBay with bids starting at $500.
That topless painting of late Golden Girls star BEA ARTHUR was purchased at auction over the phone by an anonymous bidder for $1.9 million.
- DUFF MCKAGAN and his new band, Walking Papers, will release their self-titled debut album on August 6th. Walking Papers will hit the road with Alice in Chains on the upcoming Uproar tour.
- WILL.I.AM says he and BRITNEY SPEARS will start recording her new album next week. He added, "Before we even start we've had these juicy sessions, where we've been bonding, building the trust and comfort. I've never worked like this before - not even the Peas."
- DANIELLE PECK is finishing up her upcoming album, How Freedom Feels. The album will be out later this year and will include the song Impossible Dreams.
- Good Morning America: Ethan Hawke; actor Rob Lowe; designer Jonathan Adler
- CBS This Morning: Tim McGraw; author Ian Punnett
- Today: Journalist Jane Pauley; The Piano Guys perform
- Kelly & Michael: Actress Connie Britton
- The View: Guest co-host Wayne Brady; comic Arsenio Hall; musician Roger Daltrey; author Jackie Hance
- The Talk: Actors Vanessa Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr.; chef Guy Fieri
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Rob Lowe; actor Alex O'Loughlin
The Tampa Bay Rays have placed Cy Young winner David Price on the 15-day DL with a strained left triceps. Price exited Wednesday night's loss to Boston after allowing four runs in 2 1-3 innings.
A luckily-for-her-dignity unnamed woman in Portage Township, Michigan, stole food, dishes and silverware from a local inn. The 42-year-old loaded the items in her car and was about to make her getaway when she discovered she'd lost the keys to her vehicle. Unfortunately, the interior door handles were broken and the windows were up, trapping her inside the vehicle until police arrived.
1868: Andrew Johnson became the first U.S. president to be impeached
actress Helena Bonham Carter (The Fight Club, Mighty Aphrodite, Harry Potter) 47