Bits and Pieces - May 23, 2013
May 23, 2013
The group One Direction is releasing a book detailing the complete history of the band. Actually, it's not so much a book as it is a pamphlet.
While E Online continues to say BEYONCE is pregnant, it's now been reported she came down with tonsillitis just a day after kicking off her Mrs. Carter world tour on April 15th. Beyonce performed through it and in a video clip filmed in Croatia two days later she says, "I'm actually quite nervous because yesterday I was diagnosed with tonsillitis, (but) hopefully I'll give Croatia a great concert. I'm gonna fight as hard as I can and I know that god has my back and god will protect me." (More on Beyonce in Music Notes)
NICK JONAS and GIULIANA RANCIC will host this year's MISS USA PAGEANT. The pageant will be held June 16th.
- JON BON JOVI has slammed JUSTIN BIEBER for being tardy to his concerts. After he kept audiences waiting for over two hours a couple of times on his current tour, Bon Jovi said, "Do it once, you can be forgiven. Do it enough times and shame on you. They won't be back. Then it just becomes a cliché. It's really not cool: you're an a-hole. Go to f-in' work!"
- CHRIS BROWN was involved in another vehicular mishap with a woman. This time Brown was driving in his car with girlfriend Karrueche Tran, when he rear-ended another vehicle. Brown was seen exchanging information with the other driver. (See here)
- DARIUS RUCKER got mostly good reviews after performing the classic Bob Dylan song Wagon Wheel at the Grand Ole Opry over the weekend. However, someone with the Twitter handle pqkullman tweeted, "Leave country to the white folk." An angry Rucker responded, "WOW... is this 2013 or 1913?" He added, "I'll take my grand ole Opry membership and leave your racism. Wow."
- Good Morning America: The final four "Dancing With the Stars" couples; TV host Tom Bergeron; Pitbull performs
- CBS This Morning: TV host Wayne Brady; Spirit Airlines CEO Ben Baldanza
- Today: The hosts in Chicago; author Squire Rushnell
- Kelly & Michael: Morgan Freeman; "Dancing With the Stars" winners
- The View: John Malkovich; performance from the cast of "Matilda."
- The Talk: Actress Patricia Heaton; chef Art Smith
- Ellen DeGeneres: Portia de Rossi; co-host Jennifer Aniston
The San Francisco Giants put Ryan Vogelsong on the 15-day DL yesterday, although he'll likely be out for two months after undergoing surgery on his broken pitching hand.
Police in Port St. Lucie, Florida received a call about a home burglary and arrived to find smashed televisions, splattered mustard on the walls and scribbled, illegible messages throughout the home. They also found 21-year-old Andrew Fatzinger pacing in and out of the house while wearing a T-shirt over his head. When an officer ordered him to stop, Fatzinger took off, jumped a fence and the chase was on. During the ensuing foot pursuit, a deputy in a helicopter saw Fatzinger jump onto someone's patio and disappear briefly, before he re-emerged with two bottles of beer. No word on whether Fatzinger was able to enjoy his refreshing beverages before being taken down by a K-9 officer and hospitalized.
1995: Connie Chung was fired from the CBS Evening News
speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno (Dancing With the Stars) 31