Bits and Pieces - May 24, 2013
May 24, 2013
New Jersey officials say 29 bars and restaurants fraudulently increased their profits on alcohol sales. They say the bars and restaurants did so by pouring cheap booze into premium bottles and JWoww.
A man claiming to be LINDSAY LOHAN'S drug dealer tells Star magazine she paid him $10,000 to $15,000 for cocaine and ecstasy before he cut her off and that he saw her use cocaine many more times than just the "four or five" she admitted to Piers Morgan. While a drug dealer and Star magazine aren't exactly reliable sources, he says he cut Lindsay off because he was afraid she was going to kill herself. Meanwhile, Lindsay is supposedly telling close friends that once she gets out of the Betty Ford Clinic, she plans to get right back on to her beloved Adderall again. Doctors at the clinic took her off Adderall and a source says, "She has been a bitch on wheels." Lindsay says the new medicine they gave her doesn't work.
There's some buzz going around that the next AMERICAN IDOL judges could be former contestants. Vulture reports that KELLY CLARKSON and JENNIFER HUDSON have already been approached.
- James Hetfield says METALLICA has enough material for a new album. However, it'll probably be next year before you hear it because they've got the Orion Music festival and their 3D movie to do first.
- LIL SCRAPPY is off to rehab after failing a court-ordered drug test. His lawyer says Scrappy admits that he's addicted to smoking marijuana.
- BLAKE SHELTON is organizing a telethon with NBC to raise funds for those affected by this week's tornadoes. Details will be coming soon.
- Jay Leno: Tyler Perry; actress Isla Fisher; Shout Out Louds perform
- David Letterman: Harrison Ford; actress Rita Wilson; Jake Bugg performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mark Ruffalo; Scrabble champions; Reggie Watts performs
- Conan: Vin Diesel; Steve Schirripa; The Mowgli's
- Jimmy Fallon: Mindy Julianne Moore; actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson; chef Danny Bowien; Boz Scaggs performs
- Craig Ferguson: Zach Braff; actress Gillian Jacobs
- Carson Daly: Michelle Rodriguez; singer Hanni El Khatib; The Men perform
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will soon undergo what will likely be season-ending surgery on his shoulder. Garcia has battled through the pain for the past year and has made several trips to the DL in that time.
After several months of work, Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant finally had a large tattoo on his back completed. The ink depicts an angel with wings spread while holding a basketball, two hands with fingers gesturing Durant's number 35 and the face of Jesus. It also includes the Bible scripture of James 1:2-4. However, Durant might not be finished with the tat as photos suggest the word 'mature' in the passage was misspelled 'mautre.'
2005: Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah's couch and proclaimed his love for Katie Holmes
actress Kelly Monaco (General Hospital, Port Charles, Dancing With The Stars) 37