Bits and Pieces - May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013
A&E has canceled the substance abuse prevention show Intervention. Finally, there's some good news for Lindsay Lohan.
KIM KARDASHIAN will reveal the gender of her baby on the season premiere of Keeping up with the Kardashians on June 2nd. Yes, it's the same Kim Kardashian that said she wanted to protect her baby from the spotlight and that she was going to keep a lower media profile. Meanwhile, the National Enquirer says Kim could spend a million dollars on the birth. Kim has hired a top photographer to document the delivery and her first week as a new mom at a cost of $1,000 a day and she's spending over $4,000 per day for a deluxe birthing suite at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center which, of course, will be filled with dozens of white roses. While the hospital provides three gourmet meals a day, Kim has put some of her favorite restaurants on call for the duration of her stay. Kim also spent $25,000 on lingerie while she was in Paris last month, because you wouldn't expect her to wear one of those hospital gowns. Of course, Kim couldn't possibly give birth without her favorite hairdresser on call at a rate of $1,500 per day for three days.
There could be more changes in store for DANCING WITH THE STARS next season. Rumor has it they could have a new judging panel. Sources say that no one has a confirmed contract yet, but there's some buzz saying Bruno Tonioli will be back, but Carrie Ann Inaba and Len Goodman are likely out. The report also suggested that a number of the pros, including Derek Hough, Mark Ballas and Cheryl Burke may not return for the new season.
- The lawyer for AS I LAY DYING frontman TIM LAMBESIS says he was on steroids when he tried to hire a hit man to kill his wife. The lawyer says he started taking steroids after getting into body building and it affected his thought processes. Lambesis has pleaded not guilty.
- Rumor has it that LADY GAGA could join BEYONCé on stage at her Mrs. Carter Show tour stop at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on August 3rd. There's also talk that JAY-Z and KANYE WEST could appear. If GaGa does show, it'll be her first big show since her hip surgery.
- LITTLE BIG TOWN will host "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock" on August 12th on ABC. (See and hear promo here)
- Jay Leno: Howie Mandel; TV hosts Sal Basille and Francis Garcia
- David Letterman: Jon Hamm; magician Ricky Jay; The So So Glos perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Chris Pine; actress Connie Britton; Dawes performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Paul Walker; Joss Whedon; They Might Be Giants perform
- Craig Ferguson: Morgan Freeman; actress Vera Farmiga
- Carson Daly: David Duchovny; director Derek Cianfrance; Gold Fields perform
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has signed a deal to return as coach of the U.S. men's basketball team through the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The Internal Revenue Service is catching heat for targeting certain conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. Among the tax-exempt groups not targeted by the IRS is the National Football League. Despite taking in about $10 billion per year in revenue, they pay zip in taxes. It seems that way back in 1966 when the AFL and NFL merged, then-commissioner Pete Rozelle was granted a request for an anti-trust exemption. The NFL also then received tax-exempt status and 47 years has apparently been too brief a period of time for anyone to catch on.
1997: Timothy McVeigh was found guilty of the bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City in which 168 people were killed.
actor Dominic Cooper (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Mama Mia, Captain America: The First Avenger) 35