Bits and Pieces - May 29, 2013
May 29, 2013
Forbes has named Barack and Michelle Obama the world's most powerful couple. Haven't they ever heard of Batman and Robin?
CHRIS BROWN could be in big trouble over that fender bender he got into last week. The LAPD is investigating allegations that Brown refused to give the other driver his license number and gave her incorrect insurance information. That's against the law and if it's true it could land him in jail. However, that's a big 'if' since his people say he gave her all the proper information and when his lawyer tried to contact her later, she hung up on him. Meanwhile, Chris' ex-girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, who was with him when the accident happened, are not only back together, they're said to be shacking up!
Word has it that former finalist JENNIFER HUDSON is in talks to return to AMERICAN IDOL as a judge next season. There have been rumors it'll be an all-alumni panel, with Kelly Clarkson and possibly Clay Aiken or Adam Lambert also returning. However, Kelly's rep says she won't return.
- THE STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are suing former frontman SCOTT WEILAND, saying his erratic attendance on their 20th anniversary tour cost them millions. The band has since brought on Linkin Park's Chester Bennington to handle vocals and Weiland isn't happy. Weiland wrote on his website: "Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt." Weiland also said the band doesn't have the ethical right to call themselves Stone Temple Pilots without him.
- A screening of KANYE WEST'S "New Slaves" video on a Houston church was cut short by police. Several police cars pulled up with flashing lights and sirens, telling the crowd that they'd be arrested for trespassing if they didn't leave.
- KENNY CHESNEY has been named North America's top-selling touring act over the past decade, having sold 9.8 million concert tickets during that time. The Wall Street Journal attributes his success to "relentless touring" and notes that his 65 tour buses are expected to go through $280,000 worth of diesel fuel over the next two weeks alone!
- Jay Leno: Craig Ferguson; 100-year-old actress Connie Sawyer; Emeli Sande
- David Letterman: Paris Hilton; Atlas Genius performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ed Helms; Jewel performs
- Conan: James Franco; Robert Kirkman; Jamie N. Commons
- Jimmy Fallon: John Krasinski; director Eli Roth; professional boxer Floyd Mayweather; The Breeders perform
- Craig Ferguson: Ellen Page; radio host George Stroumboulopoulos
- Carson Daly: Rapper Guilty Simpson; journalist Sacha Gervasi; The Heavy
The Charlotte Bobcats have reportedly hired Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Steve Clifford as their new head coach. Clifford's contract is said to be for three years and $6 million.
An unnamed man in Clayton, Missouri was pulled over by police on suspicion of DUI. When the vehicles came to a stop, our friend got out of his car, pushed a cop and fled around the block and into a building. However, our friend greatly aided in his own capture as the building he ran into was the St. Louis County Police headquarters. Police say the man was panting hard and appeared to be intoxicated.
2006: Barry Bonds hit his 715th home run to pass Babe Ruth for second on the all-time list behind Hank Aaron.
singer Colbie Caillat 28