Bits and Pieces - May 31, 2013
May 31, 2013
Jennifer Lopez has caused outrage by wearing a skimpy outfit on the TV show Britain's Got Talent. I was one of those that was outraged because it took me forever to find the video on YouTube.
More sources are jumping on the MILEY CYRUS and LIAM HEMSWORTH breakup rumors. Us Weekly cites "multiple sources" who confirm the breakup. While they say Miley and Liam are still living together, they're supposedly sleeping in separate bedrooms and they say that Miley told a pal, "We're done," and they described the relationship as a jealousy-filled romance. However, another source tells E! News that the two are still engaged and together adding, "It's been rocky, but they are hanging in there."
NEIL PATRICK HARRIS will host the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards on CBS this September. Before that, Harris will also host the Tony Awards on June 9th.
- ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE ROOTS will release their album, called "Wise Up Ghost," on September 7th.
- Condolences to ANDRE 3000, whose mother died on Tuesday, just one day after his 38th birthday. She apparently died of natural causes at the age of 58.
- TAYLOR SWIFT is rolling out her third perfume. Taylor by Taylor Swift will be out next month and it's described as a reflection of her own personal style.
- Jay Leno: Ben Kingsley; comic Larry the Cable Guy; The Band Perry performs
- David Letterman: Tobey Maguire; stupid pet tricks; Tom Odell performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Basketball player Jason Collins and his brother Jarron; producer J.J. Abrams; Huey Lewis and the News perform
- Conan: Magic Johnson; Thandie Newton; Langhorne Slim
- Jimmy Fallon: Zach Galifianakis; actress Isla Fisher; art director George Lois; Icona Pop performs
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Jeff Garlin; actress Anne Heche
- Carson Daly: Journalist Rich Eisen; Divine Fits perform
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will once again undergo surgery. This time Gronkowski will reportedly undergo surgery to repair a lingering issue with a disk in his spine and could miss the start of the regular season.
Firefighters from Scottsdale, Phoenix and Mesa, Arizona responded to a suspicious package emitting an odor that was found on a tennis court. One person playing tennis reported feeling ill, but the 20 firefighters, the Hazmat specialists and the K-9 unit that responded to the scene found only an empty U.S. Postal Service box that posed no hazard or threat.
2011: New York Congressman Anthony Weiner held a press conference and admitted that he'd sent lewd photos of himself to several women.
musician Uncle Kracker 39