Bits and Pieces - June 3, 2013
June 3, 2013
Someone sent a threatening letter to President Obama laced with the deadly chemical ricin. The FBI is reportedly questioning Rush Limbaugh.
AMANDA BYNES has gotten into a couple more Twitter feuds. Amanda seems to think blogger PEREZ HILTON had manipulated coverage of her recent arrest, prompting her to tweet: "No one wants to suck your d**k! Stop living! Kill yourself." Next up was Lance Bass. They appeared in the movie Love Wrecked. After Lance talked about Amanda in an interview and said, "there's some mental problems there" and "I'm actually really scared for her," Amanda fired back, "I ignored Lance Bass on twitter and now he is saying I have a mental illness. Sorry you're an ugly ex boy band member w/ no talent or career...To say I have a mental illness out of nowhere makes me lash out! You're making me crazy!"
LEANN RIMES and hubby EDDIE CIBRIAN will be starring in their own TV show. While it won't be a reality show, it will be a scripted show based on things that happen in their everyday lives. No word on when or where it'll air.
- RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith says the band is looking at getting together in September to start writing songs for their next album.
- L.A. police have made an arrest in connection with the hit-and-run accident involving SOULJA BOY'S Bentley and a motorcyclist. It turns out that Soulja wasn't driving, but cops still want to have a chat with him.
- Jay Leno: Gwyneth Paltrow; actor J.B. Smoove; Billy Ray Cyrus performs
- David Letterman: Chelsea Handler; comic Ross Bennett; Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Martin Short; actress Leah Remini; Zac Brown Band performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tyler Perry; actor Nick Offerman; interior designer Thom Filicia; Blake Shelton performs
- Craig Ferguson: Kathy Griffin; actor Scott Adsit; Bad Rabbits perform
- Carson Daly: Director Guillermo del Toro; Shiny Toy Guns perform
The Kansas City Royals have appointed George Brett as their interim hitting coach. The Royals were in a slump and Brett takes over for Jack Maloof and Andre David, who've been reassigned to the minors.
Leonard Burdek placed a pressure cooker with wires sticking out of it in front of the receptionist at Salem, Oregon's Teacher Standards and Practices Commission office and said he'd tried to blow up their sign outside. As for why Leonard would want to blow up their sign, he said it was because it was misspelled and that a teachers' group shouldn't have an incorrectly spelled sign. Little did Leonard know that the letter 'D' in the word 'And' was not accidentally omitted, but had merely chipped away over time. Leonard also complained that his bomb didn't work because the instructions he downloaded to make it also had misspellings.
2001: Patrick Roy of the Colorado Avalanche became the first NHL player to win three Conn Smythe Trophies as the playoff MVP.
actress Natalie Portman (Stars Wars Episode III, Cold Mountain, Thor) 32