Bits and Pieces - June 4, 2013
June 4, 2013
The new Will and Jaden Smith movie After Earth bombed at the box office. In fact, the movie is so bad that Jaden is asking to be emancipated from it.
AMANDA BYNES was reportedly been kicked out of her New York City apartment. In Touch Weekly says that last Tuesday night movers showed up and removed Amanda's belongings. A source tells the magazine, "Even before her arrest, residents had constant complaints about the smell of marijuana coming from her apartment. She had also cursed out residents and the doormen, and the smell of pot from her apartment was really annoying people." Amanda got into another Twitter feud, this time with RuPaul. Amanda tweeted, "My dad is as ugly as RuPaul! So thankful I look nothing like you both! I had nose surgery after my mug shots so my nose and I are gorgeous!" RuPaul responded, "Derogatory slurs are ALWAYS an outward projection of a person's own poisonous self-loathing @AmandaBynes." Yes, Amanda did get a nose job over the weekend and told TMZ, "I have no bandage on. It's healing on its own like my doctor asked." She also said she planned to get another one in three weeks.
SUBURGATORY'S ALAN TUDYK and REX LEE won't be back next season, apparently due to budget cuts. Not only that, they say JANE LEVY, JEREMY SISTO, CHERYL HINES, CARLY CHAIKIN, ANA GASTEYER and ALLIE GRANT may have their roles reduced.
- THOM YORKE and the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' FLEA are kicking off a world tour with their band ATOMS FOR PEACE this summer. The band's 27-date tour begins in July in Europe before coming to the U.S. in September.
- BIG BOI was performing at the Summer Camp Festival in Chillicothe, Illinois, over the weekend when he jumped in the air and landed wrong. He was seen mouthing "my knee, my knee" before limping to the back of the stage. Big Boi says he'll be out of action for six weeks and will have to reschedule the remaining dates on his Shoes for Running Tour. (See leap here)
- BLAKE SHELTON'S Healing in the Heartland benefit concert raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales for the United Way of Central Oklahoma's May Tornadoes Relief Fund.
- Jay Leno: Vince Vaughn; basketball player Kenny Smith; Scotty McCreery
- David Letterman: Neil Patrick Harris; racecar driver Tony Kanaan; Frank Turner
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mark Ruffalo; Scrabble champions; Reggie Watts performs
- Conan: Ellen Page; Craig Robinson; Myq Kaplan
- Jimmy Fallon: Nathan Lane; actress Zoe Kravitz; Tomahawk performs
- Craig Ferguson: Steven Tyler; actress Olga Kurylenko
- Carson Daly: Actress Brit Marling; producer David Goyer; Maximum Hedrum
The Los Angeles Clippers are reportedly interested in Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl, who's said to be "unsettled" by general manager Masai Ujiri's departure to Toronto.
Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Ralph Wald and Johnna Lynn Flores joked that they had the perfect marriage because, at the age of 70. he couldn't do it and she lost interest and didn't want to do it. Apparently the 41-year-old Johnna regained interest and took 32-year-old Walter Conley as her new boy toy. Unfortunately, Ralph awoke one night to find his wife on the floor with Walter, who had his pants around his knees. Thinking she was being sexually assaulted, Ralph shot and killed Walter. Ralph has been acquitted of second degree murder and Johnna told reporters that Ralph promised her that when he was released from jail they would have a special celebration. Johnna said, "Because my husband puts me first, he's taking me to the Waffle House."
2008: Barack Obama clinched the Democratic presidential nomination
tennis' Rafael Nadal 27