Bits and Pieces - June 6, 2013
June 6, 2013
A Los Angeles judge has finalized Kim Kardashian's divorce from Kris Humphries. That means that Kim and Kanye West are now free to divorce.
KATE WINSLET and her husband Ned Rocknroll are expecting their first child together. Kate has two other children from previous marriages. Rocknroll is the nephew of Sir Richard Branson and they married in a secret ceremony in December after they began dating in the fall of 2011.
Rumor has it that executive producers Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick have been canned from AMERICAN IDOL. Fox reportedly wants some fresh blood after last season's dismal ratings. Meanwhile, JENNIFER LOPEZ has reportedly told the network she wants to return to the show.
- STING will release his first album of new music since 2003's Sacred Love this fall. The album will be called The Last Ship and it's due out on September 24th. The songs are for a new musical of the same name.
- Say what you will about BEYONCé, but she pays really poorly! Beyonce is giving fans a chance to work for her for a day if they pay $25,000! The 25-grand gets you a day as a VIP member of her style team on the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour. The money will go to the Miss a Meal fundraising campaign.
- KENNY CHESNEY pulled double duty last weekend in Seattle. Before his Saturday show at Seattle's Century Link Field, Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll invited Kenny to join the team for their Friday practice. Kenny took snaps alongside the pros and worked out with wide receivers Percy Harvin and Simeon Rice, catching passes from Russell Wilson.
- Good Morning America: Author Joe Robinson
- CBS This Morning: The latest news
- Today: Author Katherine Preston; Martha Stewart; chef Paula Dean and her sons; author Arianna Huffington and TV host Mika Brzezinski
- Kelly & Michael: Vince Vaughn; animals from the San Diego Zoo
- The View: Guest co-host Jenny McCarthy; actor Noah Wyle; Lt. Col. Mark Weber; the cast of Broadways "Kinky Boots."
- The Talk: Guest co-host Adrienne Bankert; George Lopez; chef Charles Mattocks
- Ellen DeGeneres: Owen Wilson; Bridgit Mendler performs
The New York Knicks' J.R. Smith will opt out of his $2.9 million player option for next year and become an unrestricted free agent July 1st. Smith was named the 2012-13 Sixth Man of the Year.
When fraudulently collecting worker's comp, one should maintain a low profile. This would've been a handy tip for former Fayetteville, North Carolina postal carrier Cathy Wrench Cashwell, who claimed that she couldn't lift mail trays into a truck due to a 2004 on-the-job shoulder injury. Investigators became suspicious when they saw Cathy on The Price is Right, where she lifted both arms above her shoulders twice to spin the big wheel. Cathy was invited to come on down to federal court, where she pleaded guilty to fraud.
1967: The Six Day War broke out in the Middle East
musician Kenny G 57