Bits and Pieces - June 11, 2013
June 11, 2013
Kim Kardashian posted an online rant against the paparazzi. Kim was upset because they went nearly an hour without taking her picture.
A judge overseeing the guardianship of Michael Jackson's kids has ordered an investigation into PARIS JACKSON'S well-being and whether any changes should be made following her suicide attempt last week. Meanwhile, Paris was transferred to UCLA Medical Center which, ironically, was where her father was taken the day he died. While Paris has seemed well-adjusted until now, sources connected to her exclusive private school tell TMZ she's been in meltdown mode for nearly a year and dealing with a "major family trauma," apparently over Katherine Jackson's mysterious "kidnapping" by her family last July. They say what really sent Paris over the edge was when she got an offer to do a movie but certain family members went on an all-out campaign to block it. As for her new Marilyn Manson connection, last week he dedicated his song "Disposable Teens" to her and then shocked the crowd by simulating a suicide attempt of his own, dragging a meat cleaver across his forearm. (See here)
JERRY LEWIS was filming his upcoming movie "Max Rose" when America's Got Talent sensation Chris La Vrar showed up and they got into a freestyle rap battle! (See and hear here)
- GREEN DAY broke the concert attendance record at London's Emirates Stadium when their June 1st show became the stadium's first music event to sell 60,000 tickets.
- CIARA was served with legal papers onstage in the middle of her show at LA Pride over the weekend. A club called the Hit Factory is suing Ciara for bailing on a performance there. However, Ciara's people say they told the club ahead of time that she couldn't make it. (See here)
- CRAIG CAMPBELL held his 1st Annual Celebrity Cornhole Challenge in downtown Nashville last week to benefit colon cancer awareness and research. Not only did Craig host the tournament, but he and partner Eric Lindsey won.
- Jay Leno: Kevin Bacon; TV personality Mel B.; Bad Company performs
- David Letterman: Russell Brand; actor Michael Shannon; Haim performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Amy Adams; actor Dave Franco; Lady Antebellum performs
- Conan: Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson; Maria Menounos; New Politics
- Jimmy Fallon: Russell Crowe; director Sofia Coppola; director and choreographer Jamie King; Kelly Rowland performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jonah Hill; racecar driver Tony Kanaan
- Carson Daly: Richard Haass; Tom Reiss
Los Angeles Clippers guard Chauncey Billups was named winner of the inaugural Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year award.
An unnamed Akron, Ohio man, whom we'll call Randy Quaid, called police from a gas station saying he had car trouble, but didn't know where he left his vehicle. Then the story gets weird as Randy told deputies he was instructed by "subjects not of this world" to drive to a field where an airport would appear and he'd be picked up by aliens. Randy noted he'd been abducted before and perhaps the strangest part of the story is that the police report made no mention of drugs or alcohol.
2007: The final episode of "The Sopranos" aired on HBO
supermodel Kate Upton 21