Bits and Pieces - June 12, 2013
June 12, 2013
Whistleblower Edward Snowden, who blew the lid off the top secret U.S. surveillance program, could be in even more trouble. He's now threatening to reveal the winner of The Bachelorette.
It's splitsville for GLEE'S JANE LYNCH and Dr. Lara Embry after just over three years of marriage. Lynch tells People magazine in a statement, "Lara and I have decided to end our marriage. This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another. We ask for privacy as we deal with this family matter." They were married on Memorial Day weekend in 2010 in Massachusetts, where gay marriage is legal.
Director J.J. ABRAMS has announced that the next STAR WARS movie will begin filming in early 2014. The film is still on track for a summer 2015 release.
- DEF LEPPARD guitarist VIVIAN CAMPBELL has revealed he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Campbell says he had a "cough that wouldn't quit" for several months before he had it checked out and got the diagnosis. Campbell is about two months into chemotherapy and on the upside says, "Hodgkin's has an over 80% cure rate, so by my reckoning, if you're going to have a cancer, Hodgie's is the one to have!" Campbell still plans to tour with Def Leppard this summer.
- Rapper 2 CHAINZ was apparently robbed at gunpoint outside a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco. Police say Chainz and his entourage were approached by three men, including one with a gun, and that one shot was fired and the rapper's cell phone and wallet were stolen. However, Mr. Chainz claims he wasn't robbed, although he may just want to save face.
- THE PISTOL ANNIES have cancelled all their upcoming appearances due to unforeseen circumstances. No word on what the story is yet, but it's said they're
- expected to continue as a group with music and touring.
- Jay Leno: Jamie Foxx; tennis' Jimmy Connors; Matthew Morrison performs
- David Letterman: Dana Carvey; actor Nick Robinson; a performance from Broadway's "Matilda."
- Jimmy Kimmel: Lil' Wayne; actor Chris Messina; Jimmy Eat World performs
- Conan: Jonah Hill; Coco and Ice-T; Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
- Jimmy Fallon: Seth Rogen; actor Jeffrey Tambor; The Lumineers perform
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Margaret Cho; actor Hugh Dancy
- Carson Daly: TBA
Former All-Star point guard and Oklahoma City assistant Maurice Cheeks has been hired as the new head coach of the Detroit Pistons, replacing Lawrence Frank.
Glenn Steven Lott got into an argument with a 65-year-old man over the number of strokes Lott had taken on one particular hole at a Detroit-area golf course. No word on whether they established the correct number of strokes he'd taken, but Lott added to his total by whacking the man over the arm with his golf club, and breaking it in the process. Further enraged by his broken club, Lott then allegedly stabbed the man in the arm with the shaft before fleeing. Police soon caught up with Lott at his home where they found half of the broken golf club and he was dropped in jail on felony assault charges and ordered held on $100,000 cash bond.
1919: Sir Barton won the Belmont Stakes, becoming the first Triple Crown winner
actor Shia LaBeouf (Transformers, Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps) 27