Bits and Pieces - June 13, 2013
June 13, 2013
Russia's parliament has passed a bill banning gay propaganda. At least they waited until after the Tony Awards.
The 911 call from PARIS JACKSON'S suicide attempt has been released. A woman can be heard giving a dispatcher an address where a "female OD'd on 20 Motrin and cut her arm with a kitchen knife" and that Paris is "awake and breathing." (Hear here)
The new SUPERMAN movie Man of Steel doesn't open until Friday, but they're saying a sequel is already being planned and HENRY CAVILL will return as Superman.
- U2'S BONO has rounded up STING, GREEN DAY, MUMFORD & SONS, ED SHEERAN and MACKLEMORE AND RYAN LEWIS to re-record classic protest songs in advance of next week's G-8 summit in Northern Ireland. The project calls for G-8 officials to increase food production in Africa and increase international aid. At least 50 songs were released online yesterday at One.org/protestsongs.
- There's more trouble for 2 CHAINZ as he was busted at the L.A. airport for felony narcotics possession. Cops found marijuana and Promethazine, which is one of the main ingredients in sizzurp, in his checked luggage and pulled him off of his flight. Just the other day Mr. Chainz was tweeting about the great marijuana he scored in San Francisco.
- DARIUS RUCKER will share the stories behind the songs on his new album, True Believers, on the GAC special Darius Rucker: The Story of True Believers. Appearing with Rucker will be the songwriters that wrote the tunes on the album. Look for it on GAC on June 20th.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Author Clyde Edgerton; TV host Jason Silva
- Today: Actor John Stamos; chef Giada De Laurentiis
- Kelly & Michael: Actor Mark Feuerstein; comic Caroline Rhea; Goo Goo Dolls perform; co-host Lucy Liu
- The View: Guest co-host Ana Quincoces; actor John Stamos
- The Talk: Guest co-host Marie Osmond; fitness trainer Angela Parker
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen visits Sydney, Australia; Russell Crowe
The Buffalo Bills have cut quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, less than four months after re-signing him to a one-year deal that included a $500,000 signing bonus.
In Evanston, Illinois, someone helped the environment by recycling a 50-gallon container. However, this person was more green-minded than you might imagine. A citizen later called police about some suspicious items in the recycling bin, which turned out to be nine blocks of marijuana inside the 50-gallon container, weighing about 100 pounds and having a street value of more than $100,000. Commander Jay Parrott said, "I don't think anybody will come forward to claim it."
2006: Super Bowl winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers was injured in a motorcycle crash
reality star Kendra Wilkinson (Kendra, Girls Next Door) 28