Bits and Pieces - June 17, 2013
June 17, 2013
Government whistleblower Edward Snowden is now apologizing, saying he made a huge mistake. Snowden now says that it's not the NSA that's intruding into our lives, it's the NBA.
LINDSAY LOHAN has made a change of address as she's left the Betty Ford Center and moved to the Cliffside rehab facility in Malibu, where she'll continue with her 90-day court-ordered rehab. Everyone that had to sign off on the move gave it the thumbs up and sources say it's not likely that she'll get her Adderall back. As for the dirt, word is that Lindsay was disruptive and several times refused to attend group therapy sessions. Her excuse was that she thought people were snitching on her. They say Lindsay was making life hell for the staff by demanding to have her Adderall back and Betty Ford was so thrilled to see her go, they even helped her find a new facility.
A Seinfeld partial reunion is coming to KIRSTIE ALLEY'S new sitcom Kirstie on the TV Land channel. MICHAEL RICHARDS plays Kirstie's driver on the show and JASON ALEXANDER has booked a guest-starring appearance. No word yet on an air date.
- Oklahoma natives THE FLAMING LIPS and KINGS OF LEON will headline a tornado relief concert on July 23rd in Oklahoma City. Jackson Browne, Built to Spill and more acts will also be on the bill. No word on any plans to webcast or televise the event.
- RIHANNA has been seen naked in Dublin, Ireland and some people aren't happy about it! Actually, they were billboards promoting Rihanna's upcoming show and some people became so upset that they stapled clothing over her naked body.
- RANDY TRAVIS has released his GEORGE JONES tribute single called "Tonight I'm Playin' Possum." It's the first single from Randy's new album, expected to be released this fall. You can download the track at iTunes.
- Jay Leno: Actor Armie Hammer; animal expert Dave Salmoni; The Boxer Rebellion performs
- David Letterman: Animal expert Jack Hanna; actor Benedict Cumberbatch
- Jimmy Kimmel: Will Smith; 2-year-old Titus Ashby goes head to head with Shaquille O'Neal; actor Seth Rogen
- Jimmy Fallon: Adam Levine; Cedric the Entertainer; Ariana Grande performs with Mac Miller
- Craig Ferguson: Emily Mortimer; comic Barry Rothbart
- Carson Daly: Actress Tracy Spiridakos; author Neil Shubin; ZZ Ward performs
The Los Angeles Clippers are said to be interested in coach Doc Rivers should he and the Boston Celtics decide to part ways. Reports say that Rivers is interested in the Clippers job as well.
Long Island 17-year-old Keddy Oliver quit his job at Target and before he even left the parking lot had found himself a higher-paying position. Keddy approached a family with two small children outside the store, pushed them and demanded money while pointing his hand in the shape of a gun. The wife handed over her cash to the fingered Keddy, but his new job didn't last as long as his first as the family fingered him and police charged him with robbery.
1860: The United States Secret Service was created
music producer Randy Jackson (American Idol) 57