Bits and Pieces - June 19, 2013
June 19, 2013
A new survey finds that only 10 percent of Americans said they had confidence in Congress. The good news is that means the IRS and the NSA are no longer the least popular government agencies.
While E News reports that KIM KARDASHIAN had a natural birth, Star magazine claims she was planning an early C-section just after the eighth-month mark, which rolled around over the weekend. Star is also saying witnesses reported seeing Kim being wheeled into a recovery room for women who had Caesarean sections. The whole thing sounds kind of fishy since Kim's reality show is on the E channel and they have a direct pipeline to the family. Also, Star isn't notorious for their accuracy and Kim had a high dollar maternity suite and chances are she wouldn't need to be wheeled anywhere.
JENNIFER LOPEZ and ANTONIO BANDERAS will star in the Chilean Miner drama The 33. It's the true story of 33 Chilean miners who were rescued 69 days after they became trapped in their mine in August 2010.
- MUMFORD & SONS bass player Ted Dwane posted a photo to the band's website showing him with a shaved head and a surgery scar following last week's emergency surgery for a blood clot on his brain. Dwane is back at home and awaiting the go-ahead to resume working.
- ICE CUBE'S tour bus got pulled over for speeding in Durham, North Carolina. No word on how fast it was going, but the speed limit was 70 mph. The driver was let off with a warning and Mr. Cube signed autographs for officers.
- Congratulations to LITTLE BIG TOWN and TRISHA YEARWOOD, who were winners at the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. Little Big Town won for Outstanding Original Song for "Good Afternoon", the theme song for ABC's Good Afternoon America. Trisha's Southern Kitchen and Best Thing I Ever Made tied for the win in the Outstanding Culinary Program category.
- Good Morning America: Cedric the Entertainer; actress Mireille Enos; chef Rachael Ray; reality-TV star Les Gold
- CBS This Morning: Author Paul A. Offit
- Today: Chef Cat Cora; chef Joanne Chang
- Kelly & Michael: Mark Cuban ("Shark Tank"); actor Gabriel Mann
- The View: Kellie Pickler performs; TV personalities Joan and Melissa Rivers; actress Mireille Enos
- The Talk: Guest co-host Arsenio Hall; actor Martin Landau
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actors Colin Farrell and Nolan Gould; Cody Simpson performs
Monta Ellis will reportedly opt out of the final year of his contract with the Milwaukee Bucks. Ellis will give up the $11 million he would've been owed and become an unrestricted free-agent.
You'll likely find some great seafood specials at the new Applebee's restaurant in Coney Island. Apparently people aren't the only ones dining there as a shark named Zane had to be removed from the restaurant's 5,000-gallon aquarium after devouring three Lookdown fish. That very same day, another shark died after colliding with a three-foot Wonder Wheel replica in the tank. The killer shark was later removed from the tank and taken to a new aquarium in the town of...Fishkill.
2000: Tiger Woods set a PGA record when he won the US Open by 15 strokes
singer Blake Shelton 37