Bits and Pieces - June 21, 2013
June 21, 2013
TV chef Paula Deen has admitted in a deposition that she used the N-word on several occasions. Even worse, Paula admitted to buttering her foot before putting it in her mouth.
One of the Miami photographers assaulted by JUSTIN BIEBER'S goons is going after him for the SIM card he allegedly stole from his camera. A lawyer for Gustavo Garces has fired off a letter to Bieber's manager demanding the immediate return of the memory card. The lawyer says that not only did the photographer have other personal photos of his family on the card, they need it for evidence in their lawsuit against Bieber. The lawyer also warns Bieber not to tamper with the card because that would mean "dire consequences". TMZ posted an audio recording of the incident in which Bieber can clearly be heard telling Gustavo, "I'm gonna give you your camera back. I'm gonna take your SIM card though."
Season 3 of THE CLIENT LIST may be in jeopardy. Rumor has it that JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT wants baby daddy and fiancee BRIAN HALLISAY to have a bigger role on the show or she's quitting. However, producers aren't down with it and the two sides are said to be at an impasse.
- TRENT REZNOR and David Lynch will team up to do NINE INCH NAILS' video for "Came Back Haunted." It'll be the first time they've collaborated since 1997's Lost Highway soundtrack. Reznor says he's such a huge David Lynch fan that they used to delay Nine Inch Nails shows so they could watch Twin Peaks.
- CHRIS BROWN is continuing his war with the City of L.A. over the graffiti he painted in front of his home. The city is fining him for every day the mural stays up, but Brown now says it's protected by the 1st Amendment and because it enhances the architectural and aesthetic features of the property.
- KACEY MUSGRAVES is featured in the July issue of Self magazine. Kacey gives beauty advice and makeup tips and it's on newsstands now.
- Jay Leno: Kristin Davis; producer Harvey Fierstein; The Mowgli's perform
- David Letterman: John Travolta; comic Chris Distefano; Japandroids perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Anna Paquin; NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski; MUSE
- Conan: Charles Barkley; Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Jimmy Fallon: Elijah Wood; actor Grant Bowler; Yeah Yeah Yeahs perform
- Craig Ferguson: Lewis Black; comic Matt Morales
- Carson Daly: Actor Guillermo Diaz; Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes; The Stepkids perform
Kobe Bryant now admits he may not be ready for the L.A. Lakers season opener, but is aiming to return at some point in November or December after having surgery in April for a torn Achilles tendon.
An unnamed man in West Seattle wandered into an open garage and helped himself to a bicycle sitting inside. Unfortunately, the 40-something man was spotted by homeowner Sarah Tatterson, who gave chase on foot. Even more unfortunate for the thief, Sarah is a marathon runner, who continued her pursuit, even after the crook ditched the bike. Running and screaming at neighbors to call 911, Sarah continued the chase until police joined in and made the arrest.
1994: British newspapers reported the former Beatles had recorded new material for the first time in 24 years.
singer Grace Potter 30