Bits and Pieces - June 26, 2013
June 26, 2013
The U.S. is urging Russia to hand over NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. The government says that in return we'll give Russia back Yakov Smirnov.
JUSTIN BIEBER has been permanently 86'd from Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving. He showed up there with six friends minutes before closing and was basically a jerk. They supposedly messed up a bathroom with one of his goons then throwing his paper towel on the ground while looking right at an employee. Afterwards, Bieber was given the option of paying $1600 or posting an Instagram shot of himself midflight with a favorable comment. Bieber agreed to the selfie, but only faked an Instagram post and they left without paying. However, karma struck as Bieber did post a photo of his epic fall down the stairs Sunday morning and his scratched-up neck. Later at a Drake concert on Sunday night he posted the following: "Blue is new and u are too a few shoes have shown me clues my crew also knew that zoos have news I'm a poetic genius." Radar Online is even saying his manager, Scooter Braun, "wants him to go to rehab and get his act together."
PAUL GIAMATTI has joined the cast of DOWNTON ABBEY for its fourth season. He'll play Harold Levinson, the maverick playboy brother of Cora and the son of Martha, who are played by ELIZABETH MCGOVERN and SHIRLEY MACLAINE.
- FOO FIGHTERS' DRUMMER TAYLOR HAWKINS says that work on their next album is underway. While he says they're just getting started, he added that "It's gonna be great. It's gonna be cool."
- FAT JOE will be spending four months behind bars for failing to pay more than $1 million in income taxes. Joe pleaded guilty back in December to the charges and he caught a bit of a break as he had faced up to two years in the slammer.
- Congratulations to JESSIE JAMES, who married Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker over the weekend. The couple met when Jessie performed the national anthem before a Broncos game in 2011 and will star in an upcoming reality show on the E Network.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Author John Hendricks; actor John Goodman; Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
- Today: Chef Mark Bittman; Carla Bruni performs; actor Channing Tatum
- Kelly & Michael: Channing Tatum; Eric McCormack; co-host Carrie Ann Inaba
- The View: Kris Jenner; TV host Larry King; author Nik Wallenda
- The Talk: Guest co-host Marie Osmond; actor Scott Wolf; chef Edward Lee
- Ellen DeGeneres: Zac Efron; actress Rebel Wilson; Ed Sheeran performs
Justin Rose has withdrawn from this week's AT&T National at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland due to exhaustion. Rose won the tournament in 2010 when it was played at Aronimink Golf Club in Pennsylvania.
The pen turned out to be mightier than the sword as Justin Long and Wayne Semancik got into an altercation in New York's famed Times Square. The two are better known as Weed Guy and Beer Guy since Justin carries a sign reading 'I need money for weed,' while Wayne seeks donations in a similar fashion for beer. Alien and Predator, or two men dressed as them, were able to put aside their differences long enough to tell police that Weed Guy spat at Beer Guy and Beer Guy retaliated by punching Weed Guy, who then fought back by stabbing the brew brother in the head with a pen. Weed Guy was arrested for his temporary outbreak of reefer madness and Beer Guy was treated at the scene for lacerations to his face.
1876: General George Custer and his troops were wiped out by Indians in the Battle of the Little Big Horn
actress Busy Philipps (ER, Dawson's Creek, Cougar Town) 34