Bits and Pieces - July 1, 2013
July 1, 2013
A record-breaking heat wave is hitting the southwest. In fact, it's so hot in Los Angeles that Kim Kardashian's baby weight really is melting off.
The guy that SCOTTIE PIPPEN beat down outside a Malibu restaurant is telling his side of the story. First, he says he never dropped the n-word. The guy says he was seated near Pippen in the restaurant and asked for a photo. Scottie didn't want to get up from his table, but he let the fan take a photo of him sitting down. The guy says he later approached Scottie in the parking lot and claims Pippen told him, "I told you no motherf***er"...and then spit at him and punched him. He says the last thing he remembers is seeing Pippen's shoe coming at his face. The guy has a concussion, fractured ribs, a busted lip and chin, a broken tailbone, and possible brain injuries. The investigation is continuing.
BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN is joining the cast of ANGER MANAGEMENT as a nemesis of CHARLIE SHEEN'S character, who also happens to be the boyfriend of Charlie's ex-wife.
- AVENGED SEVENFOLD will release its next album, called "Hail to the King," on August 27th. They recently held an online scavenger hunt and are currently streaming snippets of their new songs.
- You may want to get ready for the second coming of Yeezus. Producer Rick Rubin says KANYE WEST planned for the album to have more than the 10 tracks that made the final cut and a second volume may follow.
- FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE'S "Cruise" is in its 17th week atop the Hot Country Songs chart. That's the most since Leroy Van Dyke's "Walk On By" spent 19 weeks at number-one in 1961-62. However, the record is 21 weeks set by Eddy Arnold's "I'll Hold You in My Heart (Till I Can Hold You in My Arms)", Hank Snow's "I'm Moving On" and Webb Pierce's "In the Jailhouse Now".
- Good Morning America: Demi Lovato performs
- CBS This Morning: TV personality Alex Ferrer; NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg
- Today: Phillip Phillips performs
- Kelly & Michael: Jamie Foxx; actress Allison Janney; co-host Erin Andrews
- The View: Guest co-host Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- The Talk: Guest co-host Marie Osmond; Virginia Madsen; chef Richard Blais
- Ellen DeGeneres: Russell Brand; reality star Bethenny Frankel
The Tampa Bay Lightning will use one of their two buyouts to dump Vincent Lecavalier and his salary. Lecavalier was taken first overall by Tampa Bay in the 1998 draft and was a member of their 2004 Stanley Cup team.
Michigan's 53-year-old Dee Ann Sanders went into a local Bank of America and handed the teller a note demanding $2,500. Unfortunately for Sanders, surveillance photos hit the local TV news and someone recognized her. That someone was her own son, who called police and informed them of her location and she was arrested
1936: Margaret Mitchell's book Gone with the Wind was published
actor David Alan Grier (Jumanji, In Living Color, Life With Bonnie) 58