Bits and Pieces - July 3, 2013
July 3, 2013
Embattled TV chef Paula Deen has been offered the chance to star in a porn film. I think it'll be called 50 Shades of Grey Poupon.
It turns out that JENNIFER LOPEZ was paid at least $1.5 million to sing "Happy Birthday" to the leader of Turkmenistan. Of course, now she's being forced to apologize after it was pointed out that he's in charge of one of the world's most repressive regimes in the world and his country has a dismal human rights record. At first, J.Lo's people were saying they vetted the guy and didn't come up with anything on him and now they're saying they didn't check on him because she was hired by a Chinese petroleum company for a corporate concert and she didn't know who he was when they asked her to sing to him. As for returning or donating the fee, J.Lo apparently isn't sorry enough to do that.
We've heard about whom you won't be seeing much of on GLEE next season and now here's who you'll be seeing more of. Getting the promotion from recurring cast members to series regulars will be Melissa Benoist (Marley), Jacob Artist (Jake) and Becca Tobin (Kitty), as well as Blake Jenner and Alex Newell from The Glee Project contest show.
- Dave Grohl joined FOO FIGHTERS bandmates Taylor Hawkins and Chris Shiflett and their side project Chevy Metal last weekend. They played the David Bowie + Queen hit "Under Pressure" and the video is going viral. (See here)
- JAY-Z will perform on The Late Show with David Letterman next Monday night from atop the marquee of the Ed Sullivan Theater.
- Jay Leno: Bradley Cooper; TV personality Heidi Klum; The Dream and Kelly Rowland perform
- David Letterman: Mark Harmon; comic Amy Schumer; Luke Bryan performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Armie Hammer; comic Adam Carolla; Ciara performs
- Conan: Charlie Sheen; Tony Hale; Dropkick Murphy
- Jimmy Fallon: Jerry Seinfeld; Ice Cube performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Julia Louis-Dreyfus; He's My Brother She's My Sister performs
- Carson Daly: Actor Nick Kroll; Twitter co-founder Biz Stone; Vacationer
Major League Baseball investigators are supposedly about to meet with a Florida whistleblower that claims he can prove Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun purchased performance enhancing drugs from a Miami clinic. The whistleblower is a former employee at the clinic and claims to have records on over 100 players.
With the Fourth of July approaching, Dinwiddie County, Virginia's Kelly Leplante began planning his fireworks spectacular. Kelly's Independence Day celebration plans involved a do-it-yourself fireworks display that turned out to be semi-successful. It seems Kelly suffered from a case of premature celebration as county officials say there was a large quantity of fireworks in his trailer and it looks like the deceased was trying to make his own fireworks when they exploded.
2002: American Steve Fossett became the first person to fly a balloon solo around the world.
actress Polly Holliday (Alice) 76