Bits and Pieces - July 9, 2013
July 9, 2013
A fried chicken restaurant recently opened in Bangkok called "Hitler." In fact, the French restaurant next door has already surrendered.
EVA LONGORIA has confirmed that she's dating Ready for Love contestant Ernesto Arguello. They met when he was a contestant on the short-lived NBC reality dating show that was produced by Eva, but denied rumors that they had something going on at the time.
It's being reported that JENNY MCCARTHY will join THE VIEW as Joy Behar's permanent replacement when she leaves in August. Jenny has been a guest host on the show many times. Jenny will likely be available because it looks like her VH1 show is getting the ax.
- THE BLACK KEYS are the proud sponsors of an Akron, Ohio Little League team. It turns out drummer Patrick Carney used to play in the league with his best friend when he was a kid and the guy asked him if he could sponsor his little brother's team. The best part for the kids is Patrick told them to send in their jerseys after the season for the band to autograph.
- SNOOP DOGG, or Lion, is catching heat after posting a photo of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez along with the message, "Keep ya head up !! We prayn 4 ya (sic)".
- SCOTTY MCCREERY was on hand for the Sweet 16 party of Duck Dynasty daughter Sadie Robertson. McCreery sang a duet with Willie Robertson and even danced with and serenaded the birthday girl.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: News correspondent Charles Gasparino
- Today: Racing drivers Mario Andretti and Dario Franchitti; author Pattie Mallette; actress Michelle Rodriguez; Kris Jenner
- Kelly & Michael: Actress Olivia Munn; Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker
- The View: Alyssa Milano; actor Michael B. Jordan
- The Talk: Actress Allison Janney; chef Pat Neely
- Ellen DeGeneres: Shakira; TV personality Bethenny Frankel
Lance Armstrong will make his first cycling appearance since his doping confession at the annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa later this month. Armstrong told the Des Moines Register, "I'm well aware my presence is not an easy topic, and so I encourage people if they want to give a high-five, great, if you want to shoot me the bird, that's OK too."
Hopefully you had a better Independence Day than one unnamed Rio Rancho, New Mexico man. Police responded to a call about the unnamed man throwing fireworks into his neighbor's yard. Paramedics also responded to the same call because the same man fell and cut his head while running back to his home after throwing the fireworks.
1994: O.J. Simpson was ordered to stand trial on murder charges
actor Jaden Smith (Karate Kid, After Earth, The Day the Earth Stood Still) 15