Bits and Pieces - July 10, 2013
July 10, 2013
Mariah Carey is said to be resting after dislocating her shoulder. Apparently she injured her shoulder during a fistfight with Nicki Minaj.
JENNIFER ANISTON and JUSTIN THEROUX were spotted together in Los Angeles over the weekend amid rumors that their wedding is on hold. They were all smiles for the paparazzi while shopping together. Word has it that he wants to live in New York, while she prefers L.A.
You won't be seeing as much of DONALD GLOVER on Community this season. He plays Abed's friend Troy Barnes and he'll only appear in five of the 13 episodes. Glover wants to focus on his music career in which he performs under name Childish Gambino.
- PEARL JAM will kick off a 24-date North American tour on October 11th in Pittsburgh. If you're not a fan club member, tickets for all of the concerts will go on sale July 27th. The group is said to be close to finishing up a new album, which will presumably be out by tour time.
- WIZ KHALIFA and model Amber Rose have gotten married. They were seen getting a marriage license in Los Angeles last week and Wiz sent out a tweet yesterday confirming the news and saying that a formal ceremony will happen later this year.
- KENNY CHESNEY will debut his video for "When I See This Bar" on July 18th at USAToday.com.
- Jay Leno: Dane Cook; producer Nev Schulman; Matt Nathanson performs
- David Letterman: Adam Sandler; Joseph Arthur performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kevin Bacon; actress Diane Kruger; The Bacon Brothers perform
- Conan: Mary-Louise Parker; Breckin Meyer; "Portugal. The Man."
- Jimmy Fallon: David Spade; TV personality Kris Jenner; Mudhoney performs
- Craig Ferguson: Morgan Freeman; comic Cathy Ladman
- Carson Daly: TBA
The Philadelphia Phillies say first baseman Ryan Howard has a meniscus tear in his left knee which will require surgery that will sideline him six to eight weeks.
An unnamed Mitchell, South Dakota man fell asleep on his back porch. Unfortunately, our friend took his snooze while holding a loaded handgun. When someone went out to check on him around 2 a.m., the porch light and the opening of the door so startled him that he unintentionally pulled the gun's trigger and shot himself in the midsection. In what may or may not be a commentary on his attributes, police say he suffered minor flesh wounds.
1792: Washington, DC became the capital of the United States
actor Brian Dennehy (Cocoon, Tommy Boy, Gorky Park) 75