Bits and Pieces - July 11, 2013
July 11, 2013
Former Governor Eliot Spitzer, who resigned in a prostitution scandal, is running for New York City comptroller against the madam he got his hookers from. The bad news for Spitzer is she's charging him $1,000 an hour to debate.
LINDSAY LOHAN is due to get out of rehab soon and she's supposedly being advised not to live with her mother Dina Lohan after her release. Of course, they've been known to go out partying together and counselors at the rehab center have told Lindsay that living under the same roof as Dina could jeopardize her sobriety. They recommend that Lindsay live with a sober living companion, or in a sober living facility. As you might guess, Lindsay has already shot down the sober living facility. Dina recently told the New York Daily News that Lindsay would move back home after her release and that she planned to throw her daughter a belated pool party to celebrate her birthday, which was on July 2nd. (More on Lindsay in Dateline Hollywood)
RYAN SEACREST is said to be close to a deal to host the Million Second Quiz on NBC. It's billed as a 24-hour live competition series and if Seacrest does host, the only major network he wouldn't be seen on would be CBS. Seacrest currently hosts Fox's American Idol and ABC's New Year's Rockin' Eve .
- A line of DAFT PUNK action figures are now available for pre-order. The six-inch figures will feature the guys dressed in their "Random Access Memories" outfits and will be available starting December 27th.
- Apparently KANYE WEST'S video for Black Skinhead wasn't intentionally leaked because he's pretty cheesed about it and is asking anyone who's posted it to take it down. Incidentally, the version that leaked was unfinished.
- LUKE BRYAN will release a deluxe edition of his new album, Crash My Party on August 13th. It'll be available exclusively from Target and will include four bonus tracks. You can pre-order now.
- Jay Leno: John Malkovich; actress Olivia Munn; Blackberry Smoke performs
- David Letterman: Salma Hayek; actor Tony Hale; Houndmouth performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Annette Bening; actor Michael B. Jordan; Karmin performs
- Conan: Kevin Bacon; Charlie Hunnam; Bernhoft
- Jimmy Fallon: Adam Sandler; actress Mireille Enos
- Craig Ferguson: Cedric the Entertainer; actress Jess Weixler
- Carson Daly: Zach Braff; author Neil Gaiman; METZ performs
It's reported that Major League Baseball will suspend as many as 20 players, including Ryan Braun and Alex Rodriguez, sometime after next week's All-Star break. The suspensions would be in connection with that Miami clinic that allegedly provided players with performance enhancing drugs.
Long Beach, California Councilman Dee Andrews is finally tackling one of the major problems facing his city. No, the councilman isn't going after gangs, drugs or even prostitution. Councilman Andrews plans to introduce an ordinance to ban music played by ice cream trucks while they are parked and selling ice cream.
2008: Apple's App Store launched with some 500 apps.
singer/actress Jessica Simpson (Dukes of Hazzard, The Newlyweds, Employee of the Month) 33