Bits and Pieces - July 12, 2013
July 12, 2013
Adam Lambert will be appearing on the TV series Glee this coming season. They say this is the biggest news for the gay community since the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage.
It's now reported that GEORGE CLOONEY and STACY KEIBLER broke up over the phone! It's not clear who called who, but Clooney is stuck in Europe filming a movie until the end of the year while Stacy is in L.A. taping her new TV show. They talked it over and decided five months was too long to be apart and that it was best to call it quits. However, it's said there was no drama and everything is otherwise good between them.
This coming season on TWO AND A HALF MEN we'll meet Charlie Harper's long-lost, 21-year-old illegitimate daughter. It turns out that she and Charlie will have something in common - they both like women! The role hasn't been cast yet, but she'll make her debut in the season premiere.
- KORN will release their next album, on October 1st. It'll be called "The Paradigm Shift" and it'll mark the return of guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, who took an eight-year hiatus to get clean from drugs and find religion.
- JAY-Z will release his song "Open Letter" on vinyl through Jack White's Third Man Records. The song was recorded for Magna Carta Holy Grail, but didn't make the final cut. Meanwhile, Jay-Z was at the Pace Gallery in New York yesterday where he rapped his track "Picasso Baby" non-stop for six hours!
- THE COURT YARD HOUNDS will release their second album on July 16th. It's called Amelita and the first single, called Sunshine, has been posted online at Soundcloud.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Champion snowboarder Kevin Pearce
- Today: Actress Jane Lynch; Darius Rucker performs
- Kelly & Michael: Actress Salma Hayek Pinault
- The View: Actor Jason Biggs; TV host John Quinones
- The Talk: Guest co-host Regis Philbin; actress Brooke Shields; cooking with chef Jessica Collins
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jennifer Lopez; actor Kyle Chandler; Phillip Phillips performs
The NHL has announced the final in their series of outdoor games to take place next season. The Ottawa Senators will visit the Vancouver Canucks on March 2nd. In all, five outdoor games will be played next season.
Seattle's Eliza Webb went to her car and noticed some belongings were missing. She also noticed a strange cell phone on the front seat. Realizing she'd been robbed and the crook left his phone behind, Eliza bypassed police and called the robber's mom instead and explained what happened. Eliza was invited to their house to retrieve her stuff and was greeted by the 19-year-old thief, who appeared to have been crying. The kid explained that he was drunk and bored when he and some friend broke into several cars. Eliza convinced the kids to do an apology tour of the neighborhood and they went door-to-door and returned the stolen goods.
1995: Full diplomatic relations were established between the U.S. and Vietnam.
singer Debbie Harry 68