Bits and Pieces - July 15, 2013
July 15, 2013
The remains of suspected Boston Strangler suspect Albert DeSalvo are going to be exhumed so DNA evidence can be used to see if he really committed the crimes. They say he was the most notorious choker in Boston aside from the '86 Red Sox.
JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ are reportedly back together again. However, there's one major catch...Selena says Justin has to stop acting like a, well, Bieber. Bieber had been laying on the sweet talk and on July 4th, when they went to that party together, he finally sealed the deal by promising to change his ways. Of course, the whizzing in a bucket video probably didn't help matters, nor did his pal Lil' Twist, who was busted early yesterday morning for DUI while driving one of Bieber's sports cars. Twist was pulled over on the road leading to Bieber's gated community while going between 60 and 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. Word he was under the influence of marijuana and had a lit blunt in the car. Selena also probably won't be happy to hear that Justin and his pals were kicked out of a Chicago club earlier this week. Police cited the club for serving alcohol to the underage Bieber, but they say Bieber just dropped in briefly to support his friend, DJ Tay James, who was performing there, and that they didn't serve him, although witnesses say otherwise.
SHERRI SHEPHERD may have confirmed that JENNY MCCARTHY will be joining THE VIEW. TMZ caught up with Sherri at the Los Angeles airport and when asked about it she said, "Jenny McCarthy is fearless, she's amazing, she'll cause some stuff, so I'm excited about her." You may remember awhile back Sherri seemed to let the cat out of the bag about Elizabeth Hasselbeck's departure when she appeared on Wendy Williams' show.
- PEARL JAM announced that its upcoming album will be called "Lightning Bolt" and it'll be out on October 15th. It'll include their new song "Mind Your Manners." You can pre-order the album on PearlJam.com and iTunes.
- THE INSANE CLOWN POSSE has topped GQ's list of the worst rappers of all-time. GQ considers the Posse to be worse than the likes of MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice and even the animated MC Skat Kat from the Paula Abdul video! Insane Clown Posse's Violent J says GQ magazine should stick to what they know - dressing preppy metrosexuals.
- Jay Leno: Bill Hader; former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer; Passenger performs
- David Letterman: Melissa McCarthy; actor Idris Elba; Dale Watson and His Lonestars performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Depp; actress Rebecca Romijn; chef Steve Martorano
- Jimmy Fallon: Kristin Scott Thomas; actor Sam Rockwell
- Craig Ferguson: Jeff Daniels; comic Sarah Tiana
- Carson Daly: Chef Curtis Stone; White Lung performs
Chauncey Billups is returning with the Detroit Pistons in a two-year, $5-million contract. Billups led Detroit to their last NBA championship in 2004.
Albion, New York's Mary Anne Rapp will be spending 90 days in jail for stealing about $128,000 from her employer to feed her gambling addiction. Mary Anne also received five years probation, 100 hours of community service and was ordered to pay back the full amount stolen. All this might've been avoided had Sister Mary Anne Rapp's superiors at St. Mark Church and St. Mary's Church had kept her up to speed on that whole 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' thing.
1718: Edward Teach, better known as "Blackbeard the Pirate," was killed during a fight on an island off North Carolina.
actress Vanessa Lengies (American Dreams, Glee, Hawthorne) 28