Bits and Pieces - July 16, 2013
July 16, 2013
Former America's Next Top Model finalist Renee Alway was arrested in Palm Springs recently after a six-hour stand-off with police. Police say she was packing heat. Not a gun - a curling iron.
JENNY MCCARTHY and DONNIE WAHLBERG are officially an item, according to Us Weekly. A source told the magazine, "Yes, they recently started dating and are having a lot of fun," adding that the two spent 4th of July weekend together. Wahlberg was a guest on McCarthy's VH1 show back in March where the two playfully sucked on lollipops and exchanged pillow talk. (See here)
OPRAH WINFREY has landed the first post-rehab interview with LINDSAY LOHAN. The interview will be taped and air in August on Oprah's OWN channel. Lindsay also cut a deal to do an eight-part reality series for Oprah's channel. The show will follow Lindsay as she tries to stay clean and make a comeback. Look for that next year.
- THE ARCADE FIRE will release a new album on October 29th. They broke the news on Friday after a fan tweeted "you're my favorite". An image with the Twitter post shows what appears to be a metallic globe bursting into flames, as well as the group looking sad and very red.
- Not that this is news anymore, but KANYE WEST lashed out at the paparazzi again. This time he told a photographer to stop talking to him or "anyone that anyone knows." Apparently the photographer had the nerve to tell Kanye that he loved his music. (See here)
- Look for BLAKE SHELTON in the August issue of "Men's Journal" magazine. Blake appears on the cover and is featured in an article inside.
- Jay Leno: Journalist Savannah Guthrie; comic Anthony Jeselnik; Johnnyswim
- David Letterman: Bruce Willis; Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig; Valerie Simpson performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Armie Hammer; comic Adam Carolla; Ciara performs
- Conan: Charlie Day; Brittney Griner
- Jimmy Fallon: Kristen Wiig; TV host Nick Cannon; Adam Ant performs
- Craig Ferguson: Julie Chen; comic Michael Palascak
- Carson Daly: Davey Havok; "The Exquisite Corpse Project"; Kitten performs
Alex Rodriguez's lawyers are said to be considering trying to broker a "plea deal" with Major League Baseball to reduce any suspension Rodriguez may get over the PED scandal. Sources say A-Rod could face a 150-game suspension.
When looking for a place to live, many people place a priority on finding a quiet street. This might've been a good idea for Clovis, California's 59-year-old Edward Arthur Gill. Perhaps Edward now has a nice, quiet jail cell after he was arrested for shooting out the windows of passing cars with a slingshot. Police found the slingshot, live ammunition, a barrel of gunpowder and reloading material inside his trailer and he told deputies he shot the cars because they were disturbing his sleep.
2011: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announced they were divorcing
actor Taylor Kinney (Chicago Fire, Zero Dark Thirty) 32