Bits and Pieces - July 17, 2013
July 17, 2013
Near-record heat is scorching the Northeast this week. In fact, it's so hot that Amanda Bynes called Al Roker 'ugly.'
KIM KARDASHIAN was one of the many celebrities giving her two cents on the controversial Trayvon Martin murder case verdict. Kim Tweeted, "My heart goes out to Trayvon Martin's family & loved ones...Thoughts & prayers being sent their way." Kim ended with the hash tag 'no justice.' However, Kim got slammed as others pointed out that her father, Robert Kardashian, was part of the legal team that helped O.J. Simpson get away with murder.
It was pretty much a no-brainer, but HBO has announced that TRUE BLOOD will be back for a seventh season. Season 7 will premiere in summer 2014.
- KORN is not only working on a new album, called The Paradigm Shift, they're also growing crops in the studio using their indoor hydroponic garden. No, not those kinds of crops...They're growing vegetables including, yes, corn.
- Back in 2010, KANYE WEST did an improv sitcom pilot for HBO that producer Larry Charles called Kanye's version of Larry David's 'Curb Your Enthusiasm.' The show never made it to air, but it has found its way to YouTube and you can see why it wasn't picked up. (See here)
- JASON ALDEAN headlined the first ever country show at Boston's Fenway Park over the weekend and broke both Paul McCartney's single night attendance record and The Dave Matthews Band's two-night record.
- Good Morning America: Rob Lowe; Bruce Willis; Darren Criss; performance from Teen Beach Movie
- CBS This Morning: Author Matthew Berry; Dr. Christopher Starr
- Today: Sara Bareilles performs; actor Patrick J. Adams; chef Robin Miller; chefs Curtis Stone and Gail Simmons
- Kelly & Michael: Mary-Louise Parker; Darren Criss; Cody Simpson performs
- The View: Bruce Willis; TV personalities Giuliana and Bill Rancic
- The Talk: Guest co-host Wayne Brady; singer Sara Evans
- Ellen DeGeneres: Clint Eastwood; Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette; Carly Rae Jepsen
The Denver Broncos agreed to a new five-year contract with left tackle Ryan Clady. Clady could make as much as $57.5 million with incentives.
Where do Polk County, Florida sheriff's deputies get all those wonderful toys? Matthew Lash recently tossed concrete blocks at a deputy's patrol car and stole a flashlight from the vehicle, before breaking out the windows of his pickup truck, causing over $1,000 in damage. Lash then left a note on the front door that read: "The Joker is here! Jokes on you, Bi***!" The Joker's crime spree only lasted a few days as neighbors called police to report loud noises coming from Lash's home. Lash later admitted to the vandalism and explained it all by saying that he was drinking, got angry, and that he holds no ill will towards the deputy.
1935: Oklahoma City installed the first parking meters.
actress AnnaLynne McCord (90210, Fired Up, Nip/Tuck) 26