Bits and Pieces - July 18, 2013
July 18, 2013
Honey Boo-Boo's family will take on the cast of Cake Boss on an upcoming episode of Family Feud. If this means something to you, chances are you're morbidly obese.
Here we go again...a DJ who performed at a Columbus, Ohio nightclub is claiming that JUSTIN BIEBER confronted him inside a bar and spit in his face last weekend. The DJ claims he was in the VIP room when a couple of Bieber's goons accused him of trying to take pictures of Bieber. They might've been concerned because Bieber wasn't old enough to be in the nightclub. The DJ says they grabbed his phone and started going through it looking for pictures and even though they didn't find any, the goons told Bieber he was trying to take photos. The DJ claims Bieber approached him, spouted off a couple of "choice words" and spit in his face. However, the DJ has yet to provide any evidence. Meanwhile, photos have surfaced of Justin's July 4th reunion with Selena Gomez and one picture shows him holding a Dos Equis which, of course, is illegal at his age.
The Oxygen network has canceled THE GLEE PROJECT. That's the reality show where contestants competed for a role on Glee. Contestant Blake Jenner won a seven-episode arc on the show and was recently promoted to series regular. They say the decision to cancel the show was made several weeks ago and had nothing to do with the death of Cory Monteith.
- FALL OUT BOY and RYAN ADAMS were recently in the studio together and Pete Wentz tells Rolling Stone they recorded "eight or nine" songs over two marathon nights. Wentz is hoping fans will get to hear the tracks, but there are no definite plans as of yet.
- KANYE WEST'S fashion collaboration with French brand A.P.C. sold out almost instantly and demand was so high that their website briefly crashed. That's how many people were willing to buy items such as a plain white T-shirt, like you might get in a Hanes 3-pack, for $120.
- STEVE WARINER'S new album, called It Ain't All Bad, is due September 10th. It'll be his first non-instrumental album in more than eight years and he produced and wrote, or co-wrote, all 12 tracks.
- Jay Leno: Jane Lynch; actor Charlie Hunnam; Serena Ryder performs
- David Letterman: Journalist Brian Williams; Court Yard Hounds perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dwyane Wade; actor Tony Goldwyn; The Neighbourhood
- Conan: Noah Wyle; Ben Schwartz; Pretty Lights with Taleb Kweli
- Jimmy Fallon: Catherine Zeta-Jones; comic Colin Quinn; Gogol Bordello
- Craig Ferguson: Anthony Hopkins; actress Jes Macallan
- Carson Daly: Greta Gerwig; Molly Crabapple; Pierce the Veil
Major League Baseball may be close to handing out punishments in the Biogenesis case, but the head of the players' association said suspensions probably won't be served until the 2014 season. Commissioner Bud Selig knows who's likely to be suspended and the list is said to be pretty lengthy.
From the 'not thinking it all the way through' department...The Dallas Morning News ran an advertisement for American Legacy Firearms' limited edition "Dallas Heritage Rifle." The rifle is engraved with such things as a depiction of the State Fair, Dallas founder John Neely Bryan, a football helmet, and the Kennedy Memorial. The Kennedy Memorial was built to honor President John F. Kennedy, who was assassinated in Dallas by Lee Harvey Oswald with, yes, a rifle.
2009: Legendary newsman Walter Cronkite died at the age of 92.
actor Donald Sutherland (M*A*S*H, Cold Mountain, Space Cowboys) 79