Bits and Pieces - July 22, 2013
July 22, 2013
Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli II says that if he's elected he'll reinstate the state's ban on oral sex. In fact, Cuccinelli is so uptight that he won't even let volunteers lick his envelopes.
No one ever accused Teen Mom porn star FARRAH ABRAHAM of being a rocket scientist...and now no one ever will! She was doing some radio interview the other day and the host asked about her thoughts on Trayvon Martin. Farrah thought the name sounded familiar and that Trayvon must've been a woman she met somewhere. (Hear here) Meanwhile, MICHAEL LOHAN is firing back at Farrah after she recently did another interview in which she blamed him for Lindsay Lohan's troubles. Apparently Michael crossed paths with Farrah during her brief rehab stint recently and he said of her, "When you look into her eyes all you see is black, darkness, evil."
It looks like SNOOKI & JWOWW will be back for another season. While MTV has yet to confirm, officials from two towns in New Jersey acknowledged that the girls would be filming there.
- COURTNEY LOVE has recorded eight songs so far for an album tentatively titled "Died Blonde" that she hopes to release early next year. Courtney also plans to release her as-yet-untitled memoir in time for the holidays.
- While any KANYE WEST rant generally proves to be entertaining, it's even more so when it's been remixed. A remix of one of Kanye's latest rants is now online. (See here)
- FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE'S "Cruise," is atop Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart for a 20th week. That's the most weeks at No. 1 since Ray Price stayed atop for 20 weeks with "Crazy Arms" in 1956. One more week and they tie the record for the most time spent at No. 1 dating to the chart's 1944 inception.
- Jay Leno: Howie Mandel; model Marisa Miller; Sara Bareilles performs
- David Letterman: Johnny Depp; comic Marc Maron; Dawes performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Michael C. Hall; actress Miranda Cosgrove; ZZ Ward performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Jeff Bridges; TV personality Stacy Keibler; Jesse and The Rippers
- Craig Ferguson: Jane Lynch; Goo Goo Dolls perform
- Carson Daly: Kevin Bacon; Ron Finley; Subhumanoids perform
The Texas Rangers and Chicago Cubs are reportedly discussing a trade that would send starting pitcher Matt Garza to Texas. While the Dodgers, Red Sox, Diamondbacks, Cardinals, and Indians are all said to be interested in Garza, the Rangers are reported to be the most motivated.
Vancouver, Washington's 52-year-old Jeffery Barton pleaded not guilty after he allegedly fired a shotgun to chase away people who he thought were breaking into his vehicles. Barton reportedly admitted to deputies that he fired his weapon, but later told reporters, "I did what Joe Biden told me to do. I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air." Barton was referring to an interview in which Biden said, "If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barreled shotgun. I said 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.'"
2006: Mel Gibson went on an anti-Semitic tirade during a DUI arrest in Malibu
cartoonist Jim Davis (Garfield) 68