Bits and Pieces - July 25, 2013
July 25, 2013
New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner has been caught in another sexting scandal, this time while using the name Carlos Danger. Apparently that's Weiner's way of reaching out to Latino voters.
SELENA GOMEZ and JUSTIN BIEBER are off again as Selena says she's not dating Justin anymore and that she's single. Selena added, "Egos turn me off, big time. You are who you surround yourself with. I know that's such a cliché quote, but it's true. I've just witnessed it too much. I learned that I should definitely keep it way more private next time." Apparently not getting the memo on the breakup was WGN News in Chicago. Selena did an interview with them via satellite and their reporter asked what the deal was with Bieber's erratic behavior of late. Selena seemed uncomfortable and repeatedly looked off camera before the satellite link went dead. (See here) Meanwhile, an interview with Bieber from 2009 when Selena was still dating Nick Jonas has surfaced in which he said he had a crush on her before blushing and saying, "Nobody heard that." (See here)
Rumor has it that DESIREE HARTSOCK castoff Juan Pablo is the front-runner to become the next BACHELOR. However, Desiree's other finalists, Chris, Brooks and Drew, are also said to be in the running.
- A deluxe edition of THE LUMINEERS' self-titled debut album will be out on August 20th. It'll have five bonus tracks and a DVD featuring more than 25 minutes of concert video, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.
- Singers GINUWINE, TANK and TYRESE have teamed up to create the R&B trio TGT, but they may want to rehearse a bit more. Their performance on WLNY's The Couch was a tad off. (See here)
- If you're looking for a farm in Tennessee and have about $20 million to spend, have a word with TIM MCGRAW and FAITH HILL. They've put their place on the market and for that kind of money you get a 3,330-square-foot restored log cabin home, an antebellum home known as Beechwood Hall and a 12-stall barn with a caretaker residence.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Sommelier Joshua Wesson; Silver Oak Cellars CEO David Duncan
- Today: Chef Giada De Laurentiis; TV host Howie Mandel; singer Barry Manilow and songwriter Bruce Sussman
- Kelly & Michael: Hugh Jackman; Kelly performs with cast members of "Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella."
- The View: Actress Shailene Woodley; comic Tom Papa
- The Talk: Larry King; baking with chef Duff Goldman
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Eric Stonestreet; Emeli Sande performs
The New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs are working on a deal that would send Alfonso Soriano back to the Bronx. The Cubs are willing to pay a significant portion of the $25 million Soriano is owed through the end of next season, but they want a solid prospect in return.
The royal baby arrived without a hitch no thanks to one London policeman assigned to guard the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was giving birth. As the paparazzi snapped away, the cop double checked his security briefing notes, accidentally putting those confidential directives on view for the world to see. The memo titled "briefing note Lindo Wings posts" could clearly be read and was snapped by photographers and sent around the world.
2005: Lance Armstrong won his unprecedented seventh Tour de France
actress Anna Paquin (The Piano, Almost Famous, True Blood) 31