Bits and Pieces - July 26, 2013
July 26, 2013
Anthony Weiner is refusing to drop out of the New York City mayor's race, saying the campaign is about something larger than himself. Judging by his photos, that could be just about anything.
LEA MICHELE is on the cover of Marie Claire magazine's August issue. Of course, the feature was done before her boyfriend CORY MONTEITH died and in retrospect it's pretty sad. Cory paid her a surprise visit during the photo shoot in Mexico and in the interview she says of him, "He is the best person I know, he has made my life so incredible, and I am so thankful for him and not only to have him as a partner but also as a co-worker."
JASON SUDEIKIS has officially confirmed the news that he's leaving SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. He told David Letterman, "I'm definitely done, I'm gonna leave. I'm not coming back next fall."
- PHISH will hit the road again this fall for a string of East Coast dates starting with a three-night run at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia on October 18th.
- CHRIS BROWN may have taken the graffiti off the wall in front of his house, but he had his Lamborghini Aventador painted just like a Nike Air Foamposite Camo sneaker. The work took four weeks to complete at a cost of $15,000. (See here)
- FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE has tied the record for most weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart as "Cruise" racks up its 21st cumulative week at the top. In the chart's 69-year history, only "In the Jailhouse Now," Webb Pierce (1955); "I'm Moving On," Hank Snow (1950-51) and "I'll Hold You in My Heart (Till I Can Hold You in My Arms)," Eddy Arnold (1947-48) have spent 21 weeks at the top.
- Jay Leno: Cate Blanchett; actor Michael B. Jordan; Court Yard Hounds perform
- David Letterman: Regis Philbin; ventriloquist Terry Fator
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kevin Nealon; actor Michael B. Jordan; Karmin performs
- Conan: Steve Ho; Peter Sarsgaard
- Jimmy Fallon: Andy Samberg; Texas couple Marcine & Nita Lou Webb; New Order performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Bill Hader; actress Shohreh Aghdashloo
- Carson Daly: Comics Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer; River Monsters; Damien Jurado performs
Sources close to New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez say he has no intention of negotiating a settlement with Major League Baseball over his probable suspension. It's rumored that Rodriguez will be suspended for at least 100 games.
You may sleep better at night knowing that the NSA can't monitor every piece of e-mail in the world, despite being a "supercomputing powerhouse." While they can monitor every piece of e-mail you send, if you were to do a Freedom of Information Act request for some of the NSA employees' own e-mails you'd be out of luck. The agency says it doesn't have the technology to do such a search at this time because they say their system is "a little antiquated and archaic."
2007: A bridge over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis collapsed, sending rush hour traffic plunging into the water.
rapper Chuck D 53