Bits and Pieces - July 29, 2013
July 29, 2013
New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner says he's "working with people" to get help for his sexually explicit texting. I would hope so. It's not easy to do that sort of thing with only one hand free.
DEBBIE ROWE will testify in the MICHAEL JACKSON wrongful death case and word is she'll blow the roof of with her testimony! Debbie will supposedly testify that Michael was a hardcore drug addict for decades and that his main supplier was his dermatologist, Dr. Arnie Klein. She only later found out that Klein had a standing order to inject Michael with Demerol and Vistaril when he visited the office. Michael was given the Vistaril because it made the Demerol stronger. Rowe will also supposedly say she saw Michael coming out of Klein's office days before he died, looking totally out of it and called Klein after Michael died and said, "What the f**k did you give him? He's dead and it's your fault." If it's true, Rowe's testimony will help AEG's case because if Michael was able to keep his drug use a secret from her, AEG would've had no way of knowing about it.
The OWN channel has announced that OPRAH WINFREY'S interview with LINDSAY LOHAN will air on Sunday, August 18th. Lindsay's reality series will air on the channel next year.
- PEARL JAM has introduced a free app on iTunes that'll let you have access to music, news, merchandise and more. The Pearl Jam Official app also serves as an extension of their Ten Club membership program. Their next album, Lightning Bolt, will be out October 15th.
- Getting a jump on the holidays is MARY J. BLIGE, who announced that she'll release her album, A Merry Christmas, in October. The album will feature her interpretations of classic holiday tunes.
- GARY ALLAN underwent knee surgery this week to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee. The operation was performed by Tennessee Titans physician Dr. Burton Elrod. Gary will resume his tour tonight in Mississippi.
- Jay Leno: Katy Perry; football's Cris Collinsworth; Kacey Musgraves
- David Letterman: Adam Sandler; Joseph Arthur performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Maggie Gyllenhaal; actor Dean Norris; Empire of the Sun
- Jimmy Fallon: Liev Schreiber; actor Anthony Anderson; Imagine Dragons
- Craig Ferguson: Lisa Kudrow; comic Michael McDonald
- Carson Daly: Singer Pete Wentz; No Place on Earth; Tift Merritt performs
The Atlanta Braves say pitcher Tim Hudson is out for the season with a broken right ankle. Hudson will have season-ending surgery after Eric Young Jr. of the New York Mets inadvertently stepped on Hudson's leg while covering first base.
Fort Pierce, Florida's Richard Lloyd was re-arranging merchandise on the shelves of a local Walgreens when the manager approached. It seems Lloyd isn't a Walgreen's employee and he became angry because the store didn't sell the beverage he was shopping for. Lloyd began to yell at the manager and called an employee a 'b**ch' before handing over a bottle of soda and demanding a refund, even though he hadn't purchased the item there. When police arrived and asked Lloyd to leave, he told them, 'Bleep you,' mistook the cop for an Office Jack Off and told him to bleeping make him leave. It turns out it was Lloyd that was bleeped as he left for jail with the officers.
1693: Dom Perignon invented champagne
actor/comedian Richard Belzer (Law & Order SVU, Scarface, Fletch Lives) 69