Bits and Pieces - July 30, 2013
July 30, 2013
The latest surveys show New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner dropping in the polls. In a last ditch effort to save his campaign, Weiner plans to launch a series of robo-sex calls.
AMANDA BYNES' parents think their daughter is a substance abuser who's become paranoid, delusional and is spending money like crazy. In the legal papers they filed seeking a conservatorship, they say Amanda had $4 million in the bank, but withdrew $100,000 on June 4th and another $100,000 on July 2nd and they have no idea what she blew it on, but they think a big chunk of it went to drugs and Amanda supposedly told them she "cabbed it" from New York to L.A. Amanda's parents say she has "profound issues with her body image" and is "obsessed with the fact that she (and others) are ugly." The court denied the conservatorship request because the judge wants more information. Meanwhile, Amanda canceled the hearing she requested on Friday to plead her case to be released from her 5150 hold because she wanted her medications to kick in and stabilize her before seeing the judge. Another hearing is scheduled for this Thursday. Meanwhile, it's reported that Amanda did $9,000 in damage to her hotel room at the Ritz Carlton in New York. They say she left behind mounds of cigarette ash, trash and ripped a fire alarm from the ceiling.
In an interview with Parade magazine, PHIL ROBERTSON hinted that he won't be staying on "DUCK DYNASTY" too much longer, but that he thought the show would be fine and go on without him.
- Fred Armisen will direct the KINGS OF LEON show on August 9th in London. The show will be streamed on YouTube and Vevo.
- Rapper DMX was arrested again, this time in South Carolina. DMX was charged with DUI and for not having a driver's license. It could be tough for DMX to beat the rap as police car video shows him passing out inside the squad car. (See here)
- GARTH BROOKS has become a grandfather for the first time. Granddaughter Karalynn was born to his daughter August last week.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Columnist John Tierney; Glamour Editor-in-Chief Cindi Leive; author Loni Love
- Today: Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg; actors Chloe Grace Moretz, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson; chef Ming Tsai; Edward James Olmos
- Kelly & Michael: Mark Wahlberg; actress Chloe Grace Moretz
- The View: Guest co-host Ana Navarro; actor Jim Rash; Emblem3 performs
- The Talk: Rebecca Romijn and Jon Tenney; chef Rick Bayless
- Ellen DeGeneres: Eric Dane; reality TV stars Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino, Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro; OneRepublic performs
It's being reported that Major League Baseball will announce more suspensions in the Biogenesis case this week. Suspensions will supposedly include Alex Rodriguez, who will be banned through next season and possibly for life.
The father of Arizona filmmaker Chris Robinson was given investment advice. The elder Robinson proceeded to invest $100,000 of his hard-earned money not in stocks, bonds or even gold, but Beanie Babies. Chris says he and his brothers would eat McDonald's Happy Meals until they were sick, just to get the Beanie Babies inside. Alas, the stuffed animals didn't shoot up in the value as was hoped and the family now realizes they won't pay for the kids' college tuition, but Chris says they can perhaps "Burn them for warmth in the event of the Apocalypse."
2006: Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock were married on a yacht in St. Tropez.
actor Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother, Not Another Teen Movie) 39