Bits and Pieces - July 31, 2013
July 31, 2013
Real Housewives of New Jersey stars Teresa and Joe Giudice have been indicted on federal fraud charges. The good news is they could soon be getting their own show called Real Housewives of Leavenworth.
MILEY CYRUS is opening up a little too much for her own good again. Video has surfaced from when Miley was in Germany recently and she asks a paparazzo if there are any good German tranny bars? When there seems to be somewhat of a language barrier, Miley clarifies by saying, "Tranny bars, like guys as girls." (See here) The problem is that "Tranny" is considered to be a derogatory term, although the LGBT crowd will likely cut her some slack as Miley has been a vocal supporter of gay rights. Meanwhile, in an interview with Style magazine, Miley says she smokes marijuana because she doesn't get the sick feeling she gets when she drinks, or that anger rising up, adding: "There's a reason Bob Marley was like some kind of Rasta Mother Teresa."
CBS has announced that UNDER THE DOME will be back for a second season next summer.
- METALLICA will release the soundtrack of their upcoming 3D movie, "Metallica: Through the Never" on September 24th. The two-disc set features 16 songs recorded at Rexall Place in Edmonton and Rogers Arena in Vancouver, where the band filmed the live footage for the movie.
- KATY PERRY did a major reveal on her new album by hiring a big, gold semi-truck to pull a trailer around Los Angeles with a sign on it reading: "KATY PERRY â€¢ PRISM â€¢ 10.22.13." Adam Lambert was among the many that tweeted a photo of the big rig (See here) and Katy says it's traveling to other cities.
- DIERKS BENTLEY will host the ACM Honors ceremony at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium for the second consecutive year. The seventh annual event is set for September 10th and JASON ALDEAN, BLAKE SHELTON and LADY ANTEBELLUM will be among the recipients.
- Jay Leno: Kristin Chenoweth performs; actor Josh Gad
- David Letterman: Bryan Cranston; actress Amanda Seyfried; Michael Franti and Spearhead perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Larry David; actress Naya Rivera; Backstreet Boys perform
- Conan: Neil Patrick Harris; Shailene Woodley; Dan St. Germain
- Jimmy Fallon: Dan Aykroyd; actress Paula Patton; Brad Paisley performs; Booker T. Jones performs
- Craig Ferguson: Henry Winkler; actress Valerie Azlynn
- Carson Daly: Actor Adam DeVine; artist James Gulliver Hancock; Milo Greene performs
The Detroit Tigers picked up reliever Jose Veras from the Houston Astros for minor league outfielder Danry Vasquez and a player to be named.
After a San Francisco TV station fell for a prank and announced fictitious and offensive names of the pilots involved in the Asiana crash, a Korean news agency apparently felt turnabout was fair play. After the landing gear failure of a Southwest flight at LaGuardia airport, they identified the crew as Captain Kent Parker Wright and Co-Captain Wyatt Wooden Workman. They also made up fake names for flight instructor Heywood U. Flye-Moore and passenger Macy Lawyers.
1729: The city of Baltimore was founded
actress Jaime Pressley (Joe Dirt, My Name is Earl, Tomcats) 36