Bits and Pieces - August 2, 2013
August 2, 2013
New Jersey has fined TGI Friday's $500,000 for putting cheap booze inside bottles of premium liquor. However, TGI Friday's says they're not worried because they'll get the money back next time Governor Chris Christie stops by for lunch.
LINDSAY LOHAN may be out of rehab, but she's not totally free just yet. The founder of Cliffside Malibu sent a letter to the judge in Lindsay's case saying that she would need three 50-minute counseling sessions a week for the next 16 months, adding: "If these sessions are not required by the court and attendance verified once a month to ensure accountability, it is a set up for almost certain failure." The judge agreed and so Lindsay will have to attend the sessions. Lindsay even took it a step further and has reportedly hired a sober coach to stay with her.
It was announced that ROB LOWE and RASHIDA JONES will be leaving PARKS AND RECREATION in the middle of the upcoming sixth season. They're currently filming their season premiere in London.
- PANIC! AT THE DISCO drummer SPENCER SMITH has revealed in a blog post that he just completed a stint in rehab to deal with his addiction to prescription pills that began when he was 19. Smith says that eventually he couldn't go more than eight hours without going through withdrawals and that he checked himself into a treatment center last fall.
- Rumor has it that SOLANGE has landed the starring role in the biopic of singer AALIYAH.
- RANDY TRAVIS has been discharged from the hospital in Plano, Texas, where he was admitted following his stroke. Travis has been moved to a physical therapy facility to continue his recovery.
- Jay Leno: Casey Affleck; actress Allison Janney; Sammy Hagar performs
- David Letterman: Oprah Winfrey; actor Paul Rudd
- Jimmy Kimmel: Selena Gomez; actor Ben Stein; Palma Violets perform
- Conan: Rebecca Romijn; Michael B. Jordan; Tom Odell
- Jimmy Fallon: Jennifer Aniston; musician Lenny Kravitz; Goodie Mob performs
- Craig Ferguson: Anthony Edwards; actress Georgia King
- Carson Daly: Actor Mark Webber; ASAD and White Arrows perform
Major League Baseball has told the players' union who'll be suspended in their performance-enhancing drug probe. It's reported that the suspensions could be announced on Friday. It's reported that Alex Rodriguez is facing a lifetime ban and it's rumored that he's finally relented and is negotiating a deal.
Antwain Donta Steward is an up-and-coming rapper from Newport News, Virginia that goes by the name Twain Gotti. He also goes by the name Inmate as he's currently residing in the local jail, charged with a pair of cold case murders from 2007. The cases might still be cold and Gotti might still be free had ne not uploaded his song "Hip Full of Gun" to YouTube with lyrics that police say describe the murders in question. (See here - NSFW language)
1790: The first United States census was completed, counting nearly 4 million people
actress Tempestt Bledsoe (Cosby Show, Clean House) 40