Bits and Pieces - August 8, 2013
August 8, 2013
Sylvester Stallone is criticizing Bruce Willis, calling him 'greedy and lazy.' Willis denied the accusations while announcing plans for his new movie Die Hard with a Recliner.
The ex-wife of actor TERRENCE HOWARD showed up in court with a black eye yesterday as she got a restraining order against him after their alleged fight while on vacation in Costa Rica last week. Michelle Ghent claimed Howard sucker punched her in the face, grabbed her by the neck and threw her against a wall after she told him she had no interest in rekindling their romance following their May divorce. Michelle says after Terrence hit her, glared at her and walked over to a bedside table where he kept 2 knives and that's when she panicked and pepper sprayed him. She claims Terrence retaliated by knocking her down and repeatedly kicking her in the head. She also says he once threatened to kill her on a trip to Bora Bora. Meanwhile, Terrence claims she made up the story to damage his reputation just as his movie "The Butler" is set to come out.
Hopefully you're not too anxious to see the new season of DOWNTON ABBEY because PBS says it won't premiere in the U.S. until January 5th. That's months after the new season premieres on British TV and PBS says they have no plans to change the arrangement, even though the Internet spoilers ruin it for fans.
- And we thought JACK WHITE was upset with BLACK KEYS frontman DAN AUERBACH for copying him musically! It turns out that Auerbach also has a messy situation with his estranged wife, Stephanie Gonis. Auerbach claims in court papers that she tried to commit suicide twice in one day, first by slashing open her leg in front of their daughter, and later by starting a fire at their house. In her papers, Gonis seemed to acknowledge the cutting attempt, but says it was due to years of abuse by Auerbach.
- R. KELLY has a new chapter of "Trapped in the Closet" on the way in a couple months and recently released some behind the scenes footage online. (See here)
- JEWEL will release a new Christmas album this holiday season. Let it Snow will be out in December and it'll be her first holiday set since 1999's "Joy." The set will include holiday favorites, plus two Jewel originals: "It's Christmastime" and "Blue Crystal Glow."
- Jay Leno: Matt Damon; actress Anna Faris; Parachute performs
- David Letterman: Lindsay Lohan; comic Pete Lee; Gary Clark Jr. performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jason Sudeikis; actress Amber Heard; Mayer Hawthorne performs
- Conan: Sharon Stone; Anthony Jeselnik; Julian McCullough
- Jimmy Fallon: Amanda Seyfried; author Fran Lebowitz; Brett Eldredge performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jeff Goldblum performs
- Carson Daly: Singer-songwriter Jake Bugg; musical group The Trouble With Templeton; Angel Haze and Maximum Hedrum perform
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Arrelious Benn tore the ACL in his left knee during practice yesterday and he'll be sidelined for the rest of the season.
In the Czech Republic, 29-year-old Lukas Novy has struck a blow for religious freedom by successfully arguing in court that he should be allowed to wear a pasta strainer on his head in his official, government-issued ID photo. Lukas claimed that he's required to wear the strainer by his "Pastafarian" faith. Lukas belongs to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, whose followers "believe" that a giant invisible monstrosity made of spaghetti and meatballs created the universe after "drinking heavily." The faith was originally invented in protest to the Kansas State Board of Education's plan to introduce intelligent design theory into its curriculum.
1782: General George Washington established the Purple Heart award
hockey's Sidney Crosby 26