Bits and Pieces - August 13, 2013
August 13, 2013
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are apparently turning down all offers for photos of their baby daughter, North. They say it's the first time a Kardashian has turned down the opportunity to be photographed.
AMANDA BYNES will be locked down under doctors' care for at least another 30 days. Not only that, Amanda's parents were granted a temporary conservatorship, which not only covers Amanda's medical treatment, but it gives them the ability to manage her finances, although the judge told the parents not to make any major deals without consulting her lawyer. The judge made the decision after doctors said Amanda is "gravely disabled" with mental illness. Amanda didn't make it to court on Friday, but her lawyer said she's spoken with her several times and that Amanda opposes the conservatorship, believing it's not necessary. On the upside for Amanda, she did get to have a visit with the dog she set on fire before she was committed. Amanda had repeatedly asked to see her dog.
JAY LENO'S last TONIGHT SHOW will be next February 6th. The show will then go on hiatus for the Winter Olympics before JIMMY FALLON takes over during week two of the games on February 24th. That's also when Seth Meyers will take over for Fallon on Late Night.
- COLDPLAY has contributed a song called 'Atlas' to 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' soundtrack. The track will be available to download in two weeks.
- M.I.A. is having a beef with her record label and has threatened to release her new album, Matangi, ahead of schedule and online. Her label has a November 5th release date scheduled, but M.I.A. says she could release Matangi next week and have a new album completed by November 5th.
- GENE WATSON has been inducted as a charter member into the Houston Press Music Hall of Fame. The inaugural class was inducted last week.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Journalist Donna Rosato
- Today: Author Shaun Tomson
- Kelly & Michael: Jeff Daniels; actress Jennifer Coolidge; co-host Rebecca Romijn
- The View: Guest co-host Karina Smirnoff; actor Rob Lowe; chef Rocco DiSpirito
- The Talk: Guest co-host Marie Osmond; actress Kristen Johnston; actress Mary McDonnell; Dr. Tess Mauricio
- Ellen DeGeneres: Kristen Bell; Cedric the Entertainer; 105-year-old Edythe Kirchmaier
If you're an iPhone junkie, Apple will reportedly unveil the next model on September 10th.
The Baltimore Ravens signed veteran wide receiver Brandon Stokley to a one-year contract.
Suzanne Jensen was arrested ten years ago after she snuck into a California congressman's office and spent the weekend devouring his food. Apparently, the 51-year-old Jensen is quite skilled when it comes to breaking into government property as she was recently arrested after sneaking onto MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. If you're wondering how Jensen managed to slip through the military base's tight security, she apparently picked up a tip from the Cartoon Network and sneaked in beneath turned over garbage cans.
2004: New Jersey Governor James McGreevey resigned and admitted that he had had an extramarital affair with a man.
actor Casey Affleck (Ocean's 13, Gone Baby Gone, American Pie 2) 38