Bits and Pieces - August 14, 2013
August 14, 2013
Star Wars creator George Lucas and his wife have welcomed a baby girl. Unfortunately, it could be tough for the kid when she grows up and discovers that her real father is Darth Vader.
A naked photo of JUSTIN BIEBER has been posted online! The photo was taken at his grandmother's house in Toronto last Thanksgiving and it shows him completely naked, covered only by a strategically placed guitar as he surprises granny and her guests. Bieber began strumming away while improvising a song before grandma finally ordered him to get dressed. (See here) Meanwhile, another story has it that Justin wants to buy Michael Jackson's former Neverland Ranch. The story goes that his management wants him to live somewhere quieter and he's sent his people out to look at several places including Michael's former home.
Showtime has announced that they'll give their recently canceled show THE BORGIAS a proper ending. However, it won't be on TV or video, but in the form of an e-book called The Borgia Apocalypse. It's based on show creator Neil Jordan's original script for the two-hour series finale, which was never made, and will be in stores this week.
- NINE INCH NAILS have released the studio version of their new song "Copy of A" as a free download through Amazon. It's the second single from their upcoming 'Hesitation Marks' album. (Hear here)
- Rapper MACHINE GUN KELLY was performing in Dallas on Friday when his girlfriend, adult actress Rachel Starr, joined him on stage and performed some of her skills on him while he was performing. (See here)
- Marie Claire magazine had TAYLOR SWIFT complete a questionnaire asking what her biggest fears were. They are: 1. Sea urchins; 2. Googling myself; 3. Earwigs; 4. Cynics; 5. Getting arrested.
- Jay Leno: Katy Perry; football's Cris Collinsworth; Kacey Musgraves performs
- David Letterman: Matt Damon; Hanni El Khatib performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Josh Duhamel; chef Adam Perry Lang; Luke Bryan performs
- Conan: Liam Hemsworth; Chloe Grace Moretz; J. Cole
- Jimmy Fallon: Charles Barkley; actress Allison Williams; producer Clive Davis; Justin Timberlake performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Kat Dennings; author Philip Kerr
- Carson Daly: Comic Anthony Jeselnik; Royal Teeth perform
A giant sinkhole swallowed some luxury resort condominiums near Disney World late Sunday. Dozens of guests at the Summer Bay Resort only had 10 to 15 minutes to get out when the building began cracking. Geologists estimate the sinkhole was about 100 feet in diameter.
An unnamed 19-year-old Murfreesboro, Tennessee man called police to report he was the victim of a home invasion robbery and that his safe had been stolen. Our friend then shared a little TMI with police as he informed them the safe contained a large amount of marijuana and money he'd made from selling said drug. The good news for our friend is that police quickly recovered the man's safe. That was also the bad news as he went to headquarters, identified the safe, stated its contents were his, agreed to open it and allowed officers to search inside. Sure enough, officers found a half-pound of marijuana, pills and $930 in cash. At that time, the man finally admitted he sold drugs for a living and was arrested.
2008: Michael Phelps became the winningest Olympic athlete ever, winning his 10th and 11th gold medals
dictator Fidel Castro 87