Bits and Pieces - August 16, 2013
August 16, 2013
Kim Kardashian is reportedly refusing to go out in public until she loses all her baby weight, but her problematic post-baby areas have been her thighs and rear end. Of course, those were also her problematic pre-baby areas.
MICHAEL JACKSON'S ex-wife Debbie Rowe broke down in tears while testifying in his wrongful death trial yesterday. Debbie testified that Michael's doctors held what she called a "pissing match" to outdo each other by giving Jackson the "better" drugs. Debbie singled out Dr. Arnie Klein and Dr. Steven Hoefflin, who she called "idiots," saying that Michael trusted them, while they consistently tried to one-up the other by giving him increasingly stronger doses of painkillers. Rowe added that Dr. Conrad Murray then "got in there and killed him."
Rumor has it that LAURA PREPON is leaving "ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK" and will only return to tie up her storyline in Season 2. However, Netflix sort of denied the story, saying it was 'not accurate,' but adding that the season is still developing and nothing is confirmed.
- BON JOVI reportedly canceled a performance at the New York State Fair this month because of an appearance at a political fundraiser for Governor Andrew Cuomo. Apparently the cancellation was made to avoid political embarrassment over the conflict of playing a private show for the governor and then being paid to perform at the fair.
- EMINEM posted a new track on his website called "Survival." The track will appear in the upcoming video game "Call Of Duty: Ghosts" and on his next studio album.
- CHRIS YOUNG is in a Denver hospital recovering from a leg infection. Young was on his way to Montana when he was picked up and taken by ambulance to the hospital. He's listed in stable condition, but has had to cancel at least one date.
- Jay Leno: Sandra Bullock; comic Bob Saget; Il Volo performs
- David Letterman: Jim Parsons; Barry Sanders presents the Top Ten; Snoop Lion
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ashton Kutcher; actress Melanie Griffith; Big Sean performs
- Conan: Harrison Ford; Donald Faison; Kurt Braunohler
- Jimmy Fallon: Steve Carell; actress Abigail Breslin; Justin Timberlake performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Stephen Fry
- Carson Daly: Comic Andy Dick; Faye; The Men perform
Kidnapped San Diego teenager Hannah Anderson spoke out online about her ordeal. She says longtime family friend James DiMaggio "tricked" her into visiting his house, tied up her mother and younger brother in his garage and kidnapped her. It's also been learned that DiMaggio tortured the pair before setting the house on fire where their bodies were later found. Hannah said that when she later found out they'd been killed, she cried all night. She also said DiMaggio, who was killed by rescuers, deserved what he got and called him a 'psycho.'
Oakland Raiders starting left tackle Jared Veldheer will need surgery on his torn left triceps and will miss a significant portion of the upcoming season. The team is hoping Veldheer will be back at some point this season.
Maryland's Johnnie Gooden walked into a College Station, Texas bank, approached a teller and asked to access first lady Michelle Obama's bank account, saying he had just been adopted by the first family. It's not known why Johnnie thought a teller might buy his story or why he believed Michelle Obama had an account at a local Texas bank, but police soon caught up with Johnnie, who told them Michelle had contacted him on Facebook and told him the family wanted to adopt him and as their digitally adopted son he was entitled to access the family bank account. The bizarre story may be explained by the fact that police found two bags of marijuana in Johnnie's pockets.
2008: Swimmer Michael Phelps won a record breaking eighth gold medal at the summer Olympics in Beijing.
actress Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games, X-Men, Silver Linings Playbook) 23