Bits and Pieces - August 19, 2013
August 19, 2013
WWE wrestler Darren Young has revealed that he's gay. It's hard to imagine that a guy who wears tights, oils his body and throws himself on top of other men is gay.
KIM KARDASHIAN was finally seen in public with baby North West, but the paparazzi didn't get much of a shot. Kim, KANYE WEST and the baby were seen at an L.A. medical facility, but the car seat the baby was carried in was covered and Kim was wearing baggy clothes. (See here) As for the baby's official unveiling, Kim supposedly wants to be featured with daughter North on an upcoming issue of Vogue, while Kanye reportedly wants to release the first baby pictures on social media. Unfortunately for Kim, Vogue doesn't seem too eager to have her on the cover. (More on Kanye in Music Notes)
GLEE co-creator RYAN MURPHY has revealed that CORY MONTEITH'S character Finn won't die from a drug overdose on the show. They say they originally considered that, but have ruled it out. Finn's cause of death is still undecided and they say they may not mention a cause of death at all.
- It turns out those tour dates that an Australian radio station briefly posted for BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN were accurate. Springsteen and his E Street Band will be playing in Australia and New Zealand starting February 7th in Perth.
- KANYE WEST went to a Los Angeles Dodgers game with Rob Kardashian on Wednesday night, but when his photo appeared on the Jumbotron, the crowd booed Kanye! After the booing, Kanye was reportedly moved to the New York Mets' side of the stadium.
- BRANTLEY GILBERT and JANA KRAMER have called off their engagement. Apparently there was no drama and it was just busy careers keeping them apart.
- Jay Leno: Actor Aaron Paul; Selena Gomez performs
- David Letterman: Actor Michael Cera; Martha Stewart; Ra Ra Riot performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Julia Louis-Dreyfus; actor Nick Offerman; Michael Kiwanuka
- Jimmy Fallon: Justin Timberlake; actress Hayden Panettiere
- Craig Ferguson: Steven Tyler; actress Olga Kurylenko
- Carson Daly: Actor Justin Bartha; Lunarcy; Vacationer performs
First lady Michelle Obama says she's confident there'll be a female president in her lifetime, but she says it won't be her. When Parade magazine asked Michelle whether she'd run to succeed her husband, her one-word answer was: "No."
The New York Yankees have signed Mark Reynolds after the Indians designated him for assignment last week. Reynolds hit 60 homers in the previous two seasons with Baltimore, but hit just 15 this year before going into a slump.
Chicago's Mario Garcia and Domingo Garcia-Hernandez walked into a restaurant for some takeout. Unfortunately, this takeout wasn't food, but cash. However, Garcia and Garcia-Hernandez had the misfortune of showing up during the dinner rush. When the robbers demanded cash from the owner, he informed them was busy and told them to come back and rob his establishment in a few hours when there weren't so many customers. Yes, Garcia and Garcia-Hernandez returned at the appointed hour and, yes, the owner had taken time from his busy schedule to call police, who were waiting when they arrived, armed with a squirt gun.
1916: The National Park Service was established
actress Blake Lively (Gossip Girl, Savages, Green Lantern) 26