Bits and Pieces - August 20, 2013
August 20, 2013
The Kardashians are livid after Katie Couric criticized them by saying she couldn't understand why they were famous. In fact, the Kardashians haven't been this upset since last week when President Obama criticized them.
LADY GAGA is embroiled in a catfight with blogger PEREZ HILTON. Apparently is started after Hilton wrote about how he feels Katy's new single, "Roar," is better than Gaga's "Applause" and suggested Applause borrowed heavily from Madonna's tune Girl Gone Wild. Gaga tweeted, "Still have the text Perez sent me of me in a wheelchair w the words KARMA written across + Madonna pointing a gun at me. Day of my accident." However, she later added: "Please monsters do not be affected by someone like this. NOTHING merits this kind of hatred. I'm ok & I always survive. Ignore him. Just Dance."
If you believe JENNIFER LOPEZ'S boyfriend, then she's definitely returning to "AMERICAN IDOL" as a judge. When the E channel asked Casper Smart if the return rumors were true, he replied: "Yes." The Fox network has yet to officially make the announcement.
- DAVE GROHL says he expects THE FOO FIGHTERS to release their new album next year. Grohl says they've been in their studio writing, and in the past few weeks they've written an album, and they're going to make that album in a way that no one's ever done before, but he wouldn't elaborate.
- It was a close call for former B2K member RAZ-B after he was hit in the face with a glass bottle while trying to break up a fight during his show at a nightclub in China. He was stitched up at a local hospital on Thursday and released, but re-admitted the next morning after he couldn't be woken up. Raz was in a coma and on life support for a couple of days, but came out of it yesterday and doctors are calling it a miracle.
- THE BAND PERRY will kick off an international tour in Gothenburg, Sweden on November 8th. After a holiday break, they'll kick off a three-month North American tour with Easton Corbin and new artist Lindsay Ell starting January 9th in Penticton, British Columbia.
- Jay Leno: Cate Blanchett; actor Michael B. Jordan; Court Yard Hounds perform
- David Letterman: Olivia Wilde; actor Dean Norris; John Mayer performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Oprah Winfrey; actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse; The Wanted
- Conan: Don Cheadle; Pete Holmes; RNDM
- Jimmy Fallon: Hugh Jackman; actress Natasha Lyonne; restaurateur Frank Pellegrino Jr.; Buddy Guy performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Dr. Sanjay Gupta; Gretchen Wilson performs
- Carson Daly: Author Lawrence Wright; Delta Rae performs
British police are once again investigating the death of Princess Diana. They apparently received new information that alleges that Diana was "murdered" by a member of the British military. Scotland Yard got the information from the Royal Military Police, who in turn got it from the in-laws of a former soldier.
Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL and PCL and also dislocated his knee Saturday night against the Houston Texans and will miss the entire 2013 season.
Thibodeaux, Louisiana's 48-year-old Eric Williams really needs to hit the gym. Unfortunately, Eric hit a local grocery store, grabbed some peeled crawfish tails and ran to his car. Alas, Eric was so winded from running that he didn't have the strength to blow into his mandated ignition interlock device to start his vehicle. Store employees stood by Eric's vehicle taking pictures and inviting him to give up and come back inside, before he finally caught his breath, blew into the interlock device and fled. Police soon caught up with Eric, who claimed he'd been at work until 4:30 p.m. Police arrested Eric after telling him it was not yet 4:30.
1848: The New York Herald reported the discovery of gold in California
actor Matthew Perry (Friends, Fools Rush In, The Whole Ten Yards) 44