Bits and Pieces - August 21, 2013
August 21, 2013
The Obamas got a new dog named Sunny. They say Sunny is a Portuguese water dog that was born in June 2012 in Michigan. However, a certain fringe element is claiming Sunny was actually born in Kenya.
Got any naked pictures of DEMI LOVATO? Someone apparently does and they're shopping them to the tabloids! The X-rated selfies show a young woman that's either Demi or someone that looks exactly like her in various compromising positions, including some in which she's nude in a bathtub and others where she's lying topless in bed. Assuming it is Demi, and the tattoos do seem to match, it would be ironic because it was just last year that she faked having her Twitter account hacked and wrote: "Demi's twitter is hacked. Want to see Demi naked? Here it is..," before posting a photo of a naked Barbie doll with her head poorly Photoshopped on top. (More on Demi in Dateline Hollywood)
Songwriter and producer DR. LUKE is said to be in talks to join the AMERICAN IDOL judging panel after negotiations with will.i.am stalled over money issues. Dr. Luke has collaborated with Ke$ha, The Wanted and Katy Perry and was co-executive producer of Britney Spears's Femme Fatale album.
- AEROSMITH has bailed on a pair of festival dates in China and Taiwan due to the local promoters' failure to "meet contractual obligations." Band members issued statements apologizing to fans. It would've been Aerosmith's first visit to China.
- Several CHRIS BROWN concerts in Canada have been cancelled. The promoter says the shows were canceled after consulting with Brown and in light of his recent health-related and personal issues, including his new community service order.
- CHRIS YOUNG was finally released from a Denver-area hospital over the weekend where he was treated for an infection in his leg. On Sunday, Young tweeted: "Back home finally. Wound still healing up from surgery, but hopefully I will see you guys out on the road soon!" His next show is tomorrow night in Redding, California.
- Jay Leno: Kate Hudson; sportscaster Bob Costas; Kopecky Family Band performs
- David Letterman: Louis C.K.; John Legend performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Liam Hemsworth; actress Chloe Grace Moretz; The National
- Conan: Zach Galifianakis; Jim Gaffigan; Beware of Darkness
- Jimmy Fallon: Andy Samberg; actress Shailene Woodley; New Order performs
- Craig Ferguson: Ethan Hawke; actress Jamie Chung
- Carson Daly: Kevin Bacon; designer Ron Finley; Superhumanoids perform
An Ontario, Canada family received a letter concerning their autistic teenage son signed by someone calling themselves "One pissed off mother." The letter refers to the boy as a neighborhood "nuisance," "retarded" and a "dreadful" noise polluter and says, "Personally, they should take whatever non retarded [sic] body parts he possesses and donate it to science. What the hell else good is he to anyone!!!" "Do the right thing and move or euthanize him!! Either way we are ALL better off!!!" Local police are investigating and, on the bright side, the rest of the neighborhood has rallied around the boy and made a special effort to make him feel welcome.
Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller is facing a six-game suspension for violation of the league's substance policy. In 2011, Miller tested positive for marijuana and amphetamines.
Police in Huntington Beach, California posted photos on Facebook of people suspected of taking part in last month's riots at the U.S. Open of Surfing and asked for the public's help in identifying them. The public has inadvertently helped police make two arrests as Luis Enrique Rodriguez liked his own photo and shared it on Facebook. Fellow suspect Niko Johnson was also arrested after he saw his photo and bragged on Twitter about being Huntington Beach's Most Wanted.
2000: Tiger Woods became the first golfer since Ben Hogan in 1953 to win three majors in a single year.
boxing promoter Don King 82