Bits and Pieces - August 28, 2013
August 28, 2013
Britain's Duchess Kate was spotted in public the other day and they say that just one month after giving birth she's thin again. In fact, they say Kate is as thin as Prince William's hair.
KATE GOSSELIN is suing ex-husband JON GOSSELIN, claiming he hacked into her e-mail, stole telephone and bank records and even lifted the hard drive out of her computer to get material for his tell-all book, "Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World." The book has since been removed from distribution because of Kate's accusations. Kate is suing for invasion of privacy and identity theft and seeking unspecified damages.
DR. LUKE won't be joining the AMERICAN IDOL judging panel after all, due to a conflict of interest. The doctor signed with Sony Music in 2011 as a producer, but he'd be developing talent for Sony's rival, Universal Music Group, if he were to be a judge on American Idol. Dr. Luke had to choose between the two and decided to stick with Sony.
- While NINE INCH NAILS gear up for a fall tour and next week's release of their new album, Hesitation Marks, someone working with their production team posted a two-and-a-half hour, studio-quality recording of their rehearsals. It features all the tracks the band has been playing over the past month or so, along with talk between the musicians. (Hear here)
- Tate Taylor, who directed the movie The Help, will make a biographical movie about JAMES BROWN this fall. The movie will be filmed on location in Mississippi, including the state fairgrounds, where Brown performed a concert in February 1969.
- SHANIA TWAIN will kick off a new series of dates at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas starting on October 15th. Shania tells Rolling Stone that she has most of the songs in place for her next album and is trying to decide on a producer.
- Jay Leno: Josh Duhamel; Macklemore & Ryan Lewis perform
- David Letterman: Anderson Cooper; actress Alison Pill; Robert Randolph and the Family Band perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Sharon Stone; actor Dane Cook; Jamie N Commons performs; Baby Bachelor with reality-TV star Desiree Hartsock
- Conan: Vin Diesel; Steve Schirripa; The Mowgli's
- Jimmy Fallon: Dan Aykroyd; actress Paula Patton; Brad Paisley performs; Booker T. Jones performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Emily Mortimer; comic Barry Rothbart
- Carson Daly: Astronaut Buzz Aldrin; Big Black Delta performs
Dayton, Ohio's Harold and Ruth Knapke knew each other as children and began their courtship during World War II. Ruth said, "I let him chase me until I caught him" and following the war they were married for 65 years and raised 6 children together. Two weeks ago, just days before their 66th anniversary, Harold died in the nursing home room they shared and eleven hours later, so did Ruth. Their daughters said they believe their father willed himself to stay by his wife's side despite failing health until they could take the next step in their journey together.
The Buffalo Bills will start undrafted quarterback Jeff Tuel in their regular-season opener against the Patriots on September 8th if fellow rookie EJ Manuel can't play.
Florida's Carlos Rivera, Leandre Green and Jordan Green decided to embark on a high tech crime spree. While other punks might break into a house and steal stuff, these guys broke into a house, took photos of the stuff and posted the pictures on Facebook, advertising the items for sale. When the men got a buyer for a refrigerator, they met the buyer at the home and went inside to complete the transaction. One thing they didn't bargain on was a suspicious neighbor watching the strangers go into the home and calling police. Deputies soon arrived, formed a perimeter around the home and rounded up the three suspects.
1859: Edwin L. Drake drilled the first successful U.S. oil well near Titusville, Pennsylvania
actress Alexa Vega (Spy Kids, The Glimmer Man, Twister) 25