Bits and Pieces - August 29, 2013
August 29, 2013
The girl that starred in the Pippi Longstocking movie years ago has grown up and she's made a sex video. Apparently her hair isn't the only thing in the movie that sticks out.
ALEC BALDWIN got into a scuffle with another paparazzo in New York City yesterday. Photos showed Baldwin pinning the photographer against a car but, when police arrived, they both admitted to pushing and shoving each other and each declined to press charges, so it didn't go any further. Alec's people say the photographer has pestered him on more than one occasion, while the cameraman said he didn't do anything to provoke Alec, who was with his wife at the time.
- THE REPLACEMENTS played their first show in 22 years at last weekend's Riot Fest in Toronto. All 23 songs they played are now online thanks to the Replacements Live Archive Project, with the entire 75-minute show available to stream. (Hear here)
- Look for FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE performing on The Today Show's summer concert series next Monday. They'll perform "Round Here" and "Cruise," with special guest NELLY.
- Good Morning America: Chef Tyler Florence; Cimorelli performs
- CBS This Morning: Musician Wynton Marsalis; actor Jon Voight
- Today: Actor Anthony Mackie
- Kelly & Michael: Mariah Carey; Kerry Washington; Deadliest Catch captains
- The View: Guest co-hosts Chuck Nice and Rachel Campos-Duffy; actresses Lennon and Maisy Stella; comic Billy Eichner
- The Talk: Guest co-host Cameron Mathison; actors Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence; relationship advice with Dr. Wendy Walsh
- Ellen DeGeneres: Mark Wahlberg and Diddy; actress Casey Wilson; Bonnie Raitt performs
The outrage continues in Florida over the Trayvon Martin case as George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of all charges in the shooting, is asking that he be reimbursed by taxpayers for the $200,000 to $300,000 in court costs he ran up during the trial. Under Florida state law, Zimmerman could get the money.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have acquired right fielder Marlon Byrd, catcher John Buck and cash from the Mets for minor league second baseman Dilson Herrera and a player to be named later.
An unnamed Vancouver woman recently had her bicycle stolen. The good news is that the very next day a friend alerted her to a Craigslist ad offering her bike for sale. When police declined to help, the woman and her friend took matters into their own handlebars and posed as potential buyers. After meeting in a fast food restaurant parking lot, the woman asked the seller if she could take the bike for a test ride. The hesitant seller agreed and the woman rode away to meet her friend and stayed to watch the guy search for her before panicking and running away.
1996: Prince Charles and Princess Diana received their divorce decree, officially ending their marriage
reality TV's Alana Thompson (Honey Boo-Boo) 8