Bits and Pieces - September 3, 2013
September 3, 2013
Britain says it won't help the U.S. attack Syria. Apparently Britain is still mad at us for taking David Beckham.
Miley Cyrus may not be the only woman whose rear end received some special attention from ROBIN THICKE last Sunday night. A photo has surfaced showing Robin with his arm around some hot blonde, which was apparently taken at an MTV Awards after party. On the surface the photo seems like some random fan posing with a celebrity. However, they were standing in front of a mirror and a close examination of the photo show Robin's hand reaching up the back of the woman's skirt and groping her butt! (See here)
JAMES SPADER will play evil robot Ultron in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Look for it in summer 2015.
- As Nine Inch Nails get set to kick off their North American tour, they're posting behind the scenes looks at preparations. The first installment of NIN's Tour Exposed documentary series is now on Vevo. (See here)
- JAY Z released his video for "Holy Grail," featuring vocals from JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. The clip was posted on Jay Z's Facebook page and includes samples of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." (See here)
- GEORGE STRAIT has signed a deal with MCA to record five more albums of new material. Strait's farewell tour is also getting longer as he's added another leg to his "Cowboy Rides Away Tour," which kicked off back in January.
- Good Morning America: Alicia Keys performs
- CBS This Morning: Mike Hogan, executive culture and entertainment editor of The Huffington Post
- Today: Chris Brown performs
- Kelly & Michael: Filmmaker Tyler Perry; Oprah Winfrey
- The View: Guest co-host Chiquis Rivera; authors Andrea Syrtash and Jeff Wilser; actor Jeff Daniels; actress Bernadette Peters
- The Talk: Guest co-host Marie Osmond; actress Selena Gomez; Il Volo performs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Mila Kunis; Tegan and Sara perform
If you thought you went through a tough breakup, it's reported that the former girlfriend of North Korea leader Kim Jong Un was executed by a firing squad last week. Hyon Song Wol and some members of the Unhasu Orchestra were arrested on charges of making a sex tape and selling it and were shot three days later. Some reportedly had Bibles and all were considered political dissidents.
The NFL has reached a tentative $765 million settlement with more than 4,500 former players to resolve concussion-related lawsuits. The settlement would fund medical exams, concussion-related compensation and medical research. The proposed settlement was announced yesterday after months of court-ordered mediation and it must still be approved by a judge at a later date.
Westley C. French and two other men showed up at a home in Everett, Washington to steal back a recently sold pickup. After beating up the homeowner and a friend, the trio of car thieves fled with the truck and their green Nissan 240 SX. After ditching the stolen truck, the 22-year-old French and his partners in crime outran the law for five hours, even painting their getaway car black to avoid police detection. The gang may have eluded police for more than those five hours had they also thought to change their car's distinctive South Dakota license plates. The men were arrested after deputies noticed matching black paint on their hands.
2003: The Recording Industry Association of America began suing Internet users for trading songs online.
actor/comedian Sid Caesar (Vegas Vacation, Silent Movie, Your Show of Shows) 91