Bits and Pieces - September 5, 2013
September 5, 2013
Some unhappy 50 Shades of Grey fans started a petition to have stars Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson removed from the movie. Upset fans said that when they heard about the casting it left them fit to be tied.
Despite their separation, MICHAEL DOUGLAS says he doesn't have a crisis at home and that he and his wife CATHERINE ZETA-JONES "are fine" and taking a "temporary separation." Douglas was in Berlin promoting his Liberace film Behind the Candelabra when a reporter asked why he was wearing his wedding ring, to which Douglas replied, "Because I'm married." Douglas added, "We take a temporary separation, but the press, it gives you stuff to write about."
HBO has announced that TRUE BLOOD will come to an end with next summer's 10-episode Season 7.
- It looks like a new ARCADE FIRE single will be out next week, although the band's label would only confirm that something Arcade Fire-related would be happening at that time. They also have a new album due October 29th, tentatively titled Reflektor.
- Police in Oklahoma City now say they found two semi-automatic pistols and a 12-gauge pump shotgun along with some prescription painkillers and marijuana residue on the tour bus of rapper 2 CHAINZ. Mr. Chainz and his entourage were arrested last month after refusing to get off the bus following a traffic stop.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD and her Nashville Predators husband Mike Fisher found a chipmunk in their home recently. Fisher saved the day by picking up the critter and tossing it out, but got bitten for his trouble. (See here)
- Good Morning America: "Dancing With the Stars" cast announcement
- CBS This Morning: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell; TV host Queen Latifah; Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank
- Today: Valerie Bertinelli; designer Phillip Lim; Laura Mvula performs; TV personality Mel B
- Kelly & Michael: Zachary Quinto; Mel B; Tamar Braxton performs
- The View: Guest co-host Marysol Castro; reality-TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; actor Anson Mount
- The Talk: Backstreet Boys perform; numerologist Glynis McCants
- Ellen DeGeneres: Justin Timberlake performs
Apple sent out invitations for a September 10th event, which is expected to be the unveiling of the new iPhone 5S. The event will take place one week from today at Apple's headquarters in California at 10 am Pacific.
The Houston Texans signed inside linebacker Brian Cushing to a six-year contract extension worth $55.64 million, including $21 million in guaranteed money.
Golf Manor, Ohio police arrested Carlos Williams following a traffic stop. It turns out that Carlos was actually Rodney Watkins and he used his friend's ID so police wouldn't find out his real identity and that he was wanted on several warrants. That worked out about as well as you might expect and Rodney was taken into custody. However, even more charges are pending against Rodney after he decided police headquarters would be a good place to light his crack pipe and enjoy a smoke.
2011: For the first time the annual MDA telethon aired without longtime host Jerry Lewis
actress Mitzi Gaynor (South Pacific, Happy Anniversary, Surprise Package) 82