Bits and Pieces - September 6, 2013
September 6, 2013
Cleveland Indians pitcher Chris Perez has been fined for mailing marijuana to his dog. Perez admits that it was a mistake. Perez says he meant to mail the marijuana to Snoop Dogg.
KRIS JENNER may be the only one disappointed that her daytime talk show won't be coming back. While it seems odd that crew members wouldn't want a paying job regardless of the working conditions, some are supposedly saying that working with Kris was unbearable and that she would show up hung over and demand her beauty team to make her look stunning. They also said that Kris took home any leftover audience gift items that would normally be given to a show's crew. Word is that at the wrap party Kris gave the crew cheap fleece blankets that didn't even have the show's logo embroidered on them.
LADY GAGA will reportedly host and perform on an installment of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE this fall. Gaga has been a musical guest in 2009 and 2011, but has never hosted before. Gaga's new ARTPOP album will be out November 11th, so it's likely she'd do SNL around that time. (More on Gaga in Music Notes)
- U2'S ADAM CLAYTON tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend, Brazilian model Mariana Teixeira. It was just a civil ceremony at a registry office in Dublin, but they will host a three-day reception this weekend in France.
- JUSTIN BIEBER says he's not responsible for a new song with the N-word. His people say someone created a fake YouTube account that looked like Bieber's real channel and uploaded a song called, "What She Wants (Official) 2013" that featured a singer who sounds like Bieber dropping the N-bomb.
- A disgruntled former friend and band mate of TIM MCGRAW plans on writing a tell-all book about him. The book will include stories about how Tim made comments, and complimented some band members on the size of their manhood and how they played along with his practical jokes. Despite the bandmate being disgruntled, there doesn't seem to be too much in the way of major dirt.
- Jay Leno: Vince Vaughn; actress Olivia Munn; Vintage Trouble performs
- David Letterman: Queen Latifah; actor Jake Johnson; TV on the Radio performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jane Lynch; actor Jerry O'Connell; 2 Chainz performs
- Conan: Carl Reiner; Cheryl Hines; Delta Rae performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Steve Buscemi; Bethenny Frankel; Chef Daniel Humm
- Craig Ferguson: Vin Diesel; TV host Sara Gilbert
- Carson Daly: Director Zack Snyder; "The Way, Way Back"; Grimes performs
The NYPD is on the lookout for the driver that posted a video showing him driving the 26.5-mile loop around Manhattan in 24 minutes, 7 seconds. That would be an unofficial record, not to mention highly illegal. The NYPD also calls it "reckless" and "dangerous," and says that they have license plate readers that will help in the investigation. The website Jalopnik says the driver was going an average speed of 66 mph and that he told them, "Being a fast driver doesn't mean that you're inherently a bad or reckless driver...I'm in control." (See here)
The New York Jets have officially announced that rookie Geno Smith will be their starting quarterback for Sunday's opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Georgia state school superintendent John Barge has kicked off his campaign for governor. Unfortunately for Barge, the campaign stumbled out of the gate when it was pointed out that his official website misspelled the word "governor."
1881: The American Red Cross was founded
actor/comedian Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, Bob) 84